360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to build a few 662 slow pitch blanks, now I understand the P.E line rating, but is it rated with 4 strand or 8 strand braid?

·
Registered
67 Posts
AFAIK, "PE" now refers to the new 8 strand polyethylene line. seems confusing at times. I generally go by the 8 strand. plus now they have the newer PE line that's thinner then the older stuff, and stronger. someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I'd like to know too of I'm giving out false info..

·
6,002 Posts
Keep it simple. What's the rod's max rating at 45 degree angle? Multiple by 3 and find a line with that ABS as you're max then go down if needed to match your presentation. That's where line thickness really matters most assuming enough capacity.

If you fight mostly with the reel then max rod rating may no longer matter. Then depth, current and lure/sinker weight will be the biggest impact on line thickness.

·
Banned
476 Posts
Kaha 300/350g Max drag 16kg, fighting drag, 14kg @ 45 degrees , Max Jig 500g, best jig
200 - 400g, Max PE8.
So...you fish this rod with a 100 lb line ??? LOL , really ? no wonder your landing record is low but go on were listening.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts