360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some 3/0 and 4/0 ST-76 hooks that I've never used before and would like to know which size would be best suited for Shibukis. Maybe 3/0 on belly and 4/0 trailer or something else? Also, as big as they are, will the Owner hook keeper size 1.5L, rated for up to 3/0, fit them? I can't seem to find any of the larger Owner 2L hook keepers anywhere.

·
4,723 Posts
Use 3/0 for both belly and tail, I've tried 4/0 on tails and the swim action of shibuki's seem to be affected by the larger treble. Stick to the smaller ones. Your hook keeper 1.5L will fit those 3/0 perfectly.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Though I carry 4/0 St76 at my shop, I don't recommend ST76 for Shibuki as it seems it affects the action of the lure.

·
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Though I carry 4/0 St76 at my shop, I don't recommend ST76 for Shibuki as it seems it affects the action of the lure.

If not ST76, should I just stick with ST66 on Shibukis? I do have some 4/0 ST66 hooks but I only used Shibuki once last year and don't remember what hooks worked best with it.

·
Spinal Rods
777 Posts
If not ST76, should I just stick with ST66 on Shibukis? I do have some 4/0 ST66 hooks but I only used Shibuki once last year and don't remember what hooks worked best with it.

THe ST66 is still a really really good hook! There is no reason not to use the ST66, especially on really fine tuned plugs like Shibukis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts