Ouch!

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Ragman, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

My brother sent this to me!

His fishing partner obviously doesn't know about TJ's "Going out!"

Fisherman gets hooked - in the eye

February 05, 2007 08:53pm
    Article from: AAP

A SYDNEY man has become hooked on fishing – literally – after a three hook lure became lodged in his eye.

Sam Layoun, 32, from Seven Hills in Sydney's west, ended up with the triple fish hook lure in his left eye after his brother Charlie attempted to cast out on the Hawkesbury River at the weekend.

He was rushed to the Royal North Shore Hospital for eye surgery where the hooks were removed from Sam's eyelid – but not before he posed for a photograph.

Sam escaped the incident without any damage to his eye.

Doctors returned the lure to Sam, who plans to use it again when he returns to fishing in a few weeks time.

Attached Files:

2. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

maybe he was fishing next to Dr Shark!!! LOL!!!!

3. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

maybe he was fishing next to Dr Shark!!! LOL!!!!
    :eek: :eek:

Thats looks like it could be a little awkward, with the whole blinking thing.

4. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Hitchhiking with a treble.

Attached Files:

5. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

That isn't so bad. I could handle that but would prefer to keep hooks away from my eyes. That is part of the reason I wear sunglasses while fishing, that and cancer growth on the eye. This pic on the other hand is BAD. My cousin sent me this, he is a big time hunter and fisherman too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Didnt mean to steal your thread but talk about ouch!!!!!!!!!!! Actually, you are right, a hook anywhere in my body is OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

I've had one removed from my earlobe after casting a big heavy Clouser on a 12 weight with the wind off my right shoulder. (So, I ain't Lefty Kreh.) After my buddy (who hates fly fishing and claims all fly-fisherman come from San Francisco and don't like girls) pulled it on through and cut it off, I thought about getting an earring and becoming a Democrat.

7. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

Hitchhiking with a treble.

Ouch

8. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

theres a video on ebaumsworld that is of a surgery of a hook being taken out of his eye, that is gross and ouch:eek: :(

9. SkeeterRonnie

i agree with the fly fisherman theory...Uncle Russ.

10. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

If you haven't had a hook in yourself yet, you haven't fished enough.

11. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

Not a steal and those pics are enough to make you think 3 times when casting!

12. SkeeterRonnie

the initial penetraton isnt what hurts.. its the removal! LOL!! My first hook was buried in my right thigh when I was 6 years old. Mom got to me first and took me to the hospital where they had to use the scalpel to cut it out. Too many tendons were around it to rip it out. I walked a mile back to the house from the neighbors pond with it in my leg.. lol. Didnt hurt until I saw mom... then of course a 6 year old does what they do best... hurt more getting the leather belt for going to the pond without permission.

i constantly have cuts, scrapes, bruises from hooks and wieghts(ever pulled and pulled and pulled your line to get the lure from a tree limb-only to have it come straight at you about 100 mph-only thing you are thinking is "cover my nuts!")... lol. hate to see what I would look like if I fished the salt more often.. lol.

13. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

It almost makes me sick looking at those pics! The worst I have had is when I was holding a 16lb striper up against my belly while I was wading and he just so happened to shake a little too much and he embedded the front trebble hooks of my Storm Chug Bug into my gut. I accidently let go of the fish and he ripped but did not rip the hooks out. Eventually, I caught the striper again or pressed him back up against me so the throbbing would stop and I got the hooks out of him. Next thing I did was just rip the trebbles out of me with a little meat on each hook. I was bruised for a good while but that was about it. My wife had a treble get embedded in the joint of her thumb and we had to goto the emergency room for that one. HOOKS CAN BE DANGEROUS. I havent had any stick me good in a while(barb penetration deep) OUCH!!!!