360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
-- Tackle Ho --
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as I promised that I have something in the making. I got 2 Oti G3 custom, they are very similar but different since one of them got a little decorate wrap (only a little bit). Made with Oti G3 blank from Paul JPR (thank you Paul). The the blank down a bit to about 5'3, made with Fuji size #22 reelseat, Fuji CLCSG guides, 20, 16M, 12M, 12, and 12. This build might not be as crazy but I think it is simple yet elegant. Hope you guys enjoy pictures and I would like to know what you guys think about the build, comment or anything at all will be greatly appreciated, I just want to improve and sometime all the good comment doesn't help. :D :D :D :p

G

·
im no rod builder - so cant comment there.

just questions....

- no gimbal......how come?
- do you like the ribbed grip or is it more for asthetics?
- how long is the rear grip compared to foregrip? did you spec it off something or just build that to feel?

·
-- Tackle Ho --
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im no rod builder - so cant comment there.

just questions....

- no gimbal......how come?
- do you like the ribbed grip or is it more for asthetics?
- how long is the rear grip compared to foregrip? did you spec it off something or just build that to feel?

Bret,

- No gimbal, personally I don't like the gimbal so I never put it in but if someone request the gimbal, there is no problem putting it in.

- The ribbed grip give it a bit more friction but not much, mostly it is for look, too plain then it's not a custom rod. :p

- I spec it off for sure, I actually look at the rod load before I build, then I go with it.

·
1,366 Posts
Very nice looking. And its ribbed for your pleasure.

I especially like the blue/silver color scheme and no chevron patterns in the thread work.

I have not gotten into rod building yet, but just curious as to the choice of the guides for this rod? They seem smaller than what I have seen on other rods in this class.

Ty

·
-- Tackle Ho --
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice looking. And its ribbed for your pleasure.

I especially like the blue/silver color scheme and no chevron patterns in the thread work.

I have not gotten into rod building yet, but just curious as to the choice of the guides for this rod? They seem smaller than what I have seen on other rods in this class.

Ty

This guide is call LC guides or low rider, it is a really good guides and I have build many of my rods using this same guides. They have smaller ring and surprisingly this guide is suppose to be use for casting rod, Fuji stated that with the smaller ring, the loop from the spool will be much smaller which mean that the line will go through it much quicker with less friction which mean that you can cast farther, I have found this out to be true since my friend Andy build a STK with this very guides and cast like a charm. Personally I just like the look of this guides myseld. :D

·
1,366 Posts
This guide is call LC guides or low rider, it is a really good guides and I have build many of my rods using this same guides. They have smaller ring and surprisingly this guide is suppose to be use for casting rod, Fuji stated that with the smaller ring, the loop from the spool will be much smaller which mean that the line will go through it much quicker with less friction which mean that you can cast farther, I have found this out to be true since my friend Andy build a STK with this very guides and cast like a charm. Personally I just like the look of this guides myseld. :D

Thanks for that explanation, it was greatly appreciated. The looks got my attention for sure..... the bling factor/desire is hard to ignore.

Ty

·
-- Tackle Ho --
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for that explanation, it was greatly appreciated. The looks got my attention for sure..... the bling factor/desire is hard to ignore.

Ty

Anytime Ty!

·
-- Tackle Ho --
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2 questions.

did you cut off of the tip or the butt of the blank? And, what gram blank was it? 300,400, or 600?

400g blank and I cut the butt section since I didn't want to lose the tip action. This rod is probably turn into a 350g rod.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts