OTI at Roy's Bait and Tackle Customer Appreciation Days

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by DeepBlueGulf, Apr 20, 2007.

1. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

After work today I stopped by Roy's Bait and Tackle for their Customer Appreciation Days! I was only there for an hour, but had a great time. BTW, the girlwatching was better than ever!! One real cutie showed up at the Avet booth while I was there, and mentioned she had a Purple one... if you're reading this, thanks for showing up and making my day!

Spent some time visiting with the Shimano guys, and they wouldn't give up any info on upcoming products, but they did tell me they are having two JIGGING seminars tomorrow, and will be giving away rods and reels to people that attend. You DO have to be present to win. Seminars are at 12 & 4. They did have the new Trevala "F" series rods there, and they seem very nice, but not as inexpensive as the old ones. Compared to the OTI Rods I saw last weekend, I think the Trevalas still need to be a little stiffer, but I would have to fish one to know! One thing I did get them to confirm is that they do have some smaller lever drag reels coming in June, also they suggested that they have something "new" that will totally revolutionize fishing as we know it! No other hints on that deal.

I visited with the Avet distributor from Oklahoma while there, and they didn't bring the "prototype" Avet HOOX, now named the HX5, but are expecting shipments of the production model soon. I was hoping they would have one with them, but they should still be available by the Cinco trip. These guys did have several of the Avet 4/02 reels available at $299 each, I think there were six of them still available at this price, and only at this show. If you think you want one, Call Roy's (361- 992-2960) and ask them to put you in touch with Cecil or Billy at the Sunbelt Sales trailer, or ask if they are selling them at that price. I think that price is a killer deal for an all aluminum 30 sized, two-speed reel, especially if you can modify the reel with Alan Tani's tricks and get 30+ lbs of drag from it.

I spent some time in the big tent and there were some very good deals on Penn International Rod/Reel combos, but nothing I needed. Definitely worth looking at though. Some of the smaller Shimano Stella reels were on sale as well, but too small for me. I think STXfisherman picked up a new Seeker rod at a 25% discount while there as well. If I remember right, the Calstar and Seeker rods are 25% off, so now is the time to buy if you are thinking of doing it anytime soon. Lots of miscellaneous gear is priced to sell in the tent too!

I tried to walk around inside the main store, but it was too crowded! I did walk over to the Jig wall, and low and behold, it was full to the brim with a HUGE selection of Ocean Tackle jigs!! I was already late to dinner or I would have taken more time to look more closely, but it was a great display. I didn't get a chance to look for the OTI rods or poppers, but hopefully tomorrow I can get around to it.

More later, hopefully a good picture post tomorrow!

TEAMOSO - You need to go hang around over there and go to the Shimano Jigging seminars to try to win a rod and reel!!

Tom - DBG

2. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Cool! Thanks for the info. glad to hear that Roy's is carrying OTI stuff..

3. rhale

rhale Senior Member

I picked up a handfull myself. I was surprised to see that mother load. I am impressed with the quality of the jigs for the price, and if they produce I will more than likely just stick to OTI.

4. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Man, what the heck am I doing in Tyler? This sucks. I guess I'll look at some crappie jigs tomorrow at Gander Mountain.

Tom, pick me up a few jigs if you can. I'll give you a call.

Scott

5. DeepBlueGulf

Gee whiz... crappie jigs! You can pick some up next week when you are down for the Boat Show! It's looking awesome. Bring some buddies, and their checkbooks!

See you next weekend.

Tom

6. Rooster

Rooster Guest

I swung by this morning and picked up a couple OTI jigs too, they had a huge selection and the price is great. I looked for a while but couldnt find the poppers anywhere.

7. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

After work today I stopped by Roy's Bait and Tackle for their Customer Appreciation Days! I was only there for an hour, but had a great time. BTW, the girlwatching was better than ever!! One real cutie showed up at the Avet booth while I was there, and mentioned she had a Purple one... if you're reading this, thanks for showing up and making my day!

Spent some time visiting with the Shimano guys, and they wouldn't give up any info on upcoming products, but they did tell me they are having two JIGGING seminars tomorrow, and will be giving away rods and reels to people that attend. You DO have to be present to win. Seminars are at 12 & 4. They did have the new Trevala "F" series rods there, and they seem very nice, but not as inexpensive as the old ones. Compared to the OTI Rods I saw last weekend, I think the Trevalas still need to be a little stiffer, but I would have to fish one to know! One thing I did get them to confirm is that they do have some smaller lever drag reels coming in June, also they suggested that they have something "new" that will totally revolutionize fishing as we know it! No other hints on that deal.

I visited with the Avet distributor from Oklahoma while there, and they didn't bring the "prototype" Avet HOOX, now named the HX5, but are expecting shipments of the production model soon. I was hoping they would have one with them, but they should still be available by the Cinco trip. These guys did have several of the Avet 4/02 reels available at $299 each, I think there were six of them still available at this price, and only at this show. If you think you want one, Call Roy's (361- 992-2960) and ask them to put you in touch with Cecil or Billy at the Sunbelt Sales trailer, or ask if they are selling them at that price. I think that price is a killer deal for an all aluminum 30 sized, two-speed reel, especially if you can modify the reel with Alan Tani's tricks and get 30+ lbs of drag from it.

I spent some time in the big tent and there were some very good deals on Penn International Rod/Reel combos, but nothing I needed. Definitely worth looking at though. Some of the smaller Shimano Stella reels were on sale as well, but too small for me. I think STXfisherman picked up a new Seeker rod at a 25% discount while there as well. If I remember right, the Calstar and Seeker rods are 25% off, so now is the time to buy if you are thinking of doing it anytime soon. Lots of miscellaneous gear is priced to sell in the tent too!

I tried to walk around inside the main store, but it was too crowded! I did walk over to the Jig wall, and low and behold, it was full to the brim with a HUGE selection of Ocean Tackle jigs!! I was already late to dinner or I would have taken more time to look more closely, but it was a great display. I didn't get a chance to look for the OTI rods or poppers, but hopefully tomorrow I can get around to it.

More later, hopefully a good picture post tomorrow!

TEAMOSO - You need to go hang around over there and go to the Shimano Jigging seminars to try to win a rod and reel!!

Tom - DBG
    God dang, I sure wish.
    Im here in SA visiting my '2nd cousin' I guess.
    All they do is cry, but thats what im doing here, :eek:
    There is always next year, and i am getting my WSI this summer and proly gonna work at the CCCC for 6.50 if i get hired.

Kevin

8. Bill Fisher

Bill Fisher Senior Member

One real cutie showed up at the Avet booth while I was there, and mentioned she had a Purple one...
    Tom - DBG

did she show you???!!....

or say what color the other one was?????? ;)

(pics?)

9. awesum

awesum Senior Member

I went by today after work and dropped a cool $150 there. And some of it was certainly on OTI jigs. Had no idea they were going to be there.:cool:

10. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

Are those seminars on sunday also?
    I imagine they are all filled up is it saturday only?

I wouldnt mind learning a little and maybe cashing in on one of them rods....and reel:)

11. DeepBlueGulf

Team Oso, if you weren't there today, it is too late. Customer Appreciation Days were Friday and Saturday.

I did manage to sneak away from helping to set up the Texas International Boat Show long enough to go to Roy's and listen to the Shimano Jigging seminar. I had already talked to the presenter the previous day, but the thought of maybe winning a Trinidad 16N/Trevala rod combo was enough to make me sit still for an hour of remedial jigging. Presentation was pretty thorough and informative, but only five people were there for it so odds of winning were very good. Everyone there did receive two of the new Shimano Flat-Side Jigs, and one person won the Trini16/Trevala, and another Trevala was given away as well. I got two jigs and still thought that was great deal!

Roy's put on a really good show, the place was packed once again and everybody seemed to be having a great time! Can't wait for next year.

Tom - DBG

12. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Thank you for your support guys.

Tom,
    Do you take any picture?

13. DeepBlueGulf

I do have some pictures, but didn't bring the camera in tonight. Will post some pics tomorrow.

Tom

14. DeepBlueGulf

Hey guys,

I did have some pictures of Roy's Customer Appreciation Days, but since they were all of the women that were walking around, I figure I'll post a couple of pictures of tackle and the store! One is the Wall of Poppers, the Wall of JIGS, and of course a shot from the upper deck across the store, for those that haven't ever been. It's a Mecca for offshore fishermen all over Texas!

Tom

Attached Files:

15. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

Great pics Tom! Thanks!

I stopped by there last Tuesday to deliver Roy's initial OTI order and I thought it was busy and packed then!

Mike's a great guy and was really busy. I'm working on him for the poppers and he's really interested in our rods!