360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DBG (Tom) and Minnow (TJ) dropped by my house this morning so that we could check out the 7.5 ft. OTI 80 lb. spinning rod prototype. Attached are a couple of pics.

We later met up with Snagged, Etan, Ragman, and had lunch in Port Aransas. We got to check out the OTI 7.5 ft. 50 lb. prototype...(I like that one for poppers). They are both very well built and very strong rods. We also went to check out a World Cat 330TE ... I might be snagged.....very nice boat.

Attachments

·
406 Posts
nice house!!!!!!! omg i almost forgot to look at the rod that tv kinda got me off subject my god thats huge.. but very nice cant wait to get my hands on that rod :D

·
169 Posts
Nice rod! You gotta bring that on a trip I can try it on TJ! :)

Thanks again Richard for letting my son and I fish at your place the other night. Even though we didn't catch alot we had a fun time. I'd love to see it sometime when you can just see the trout swimming in the greenlight :)

Earl

·
114 Posts
Hey Minnow Under your screen name I notice you live in richardson. I live in rowlett, Im going on a 60hr tuna trip on aug 11. I would like to stop by and checkout your rods. Im looking to pick up one soon. Thanks Tony

·
55 Posts
Guys, I noticed that the prototype comes fitted with high frame (HV) guides. Any particular reason why? Trouble is, they have a bad habit of collapsing when your braids get caught in it during casting. The high frames also take up a lot of space in rod tubes when travelling! Maybe you can consider MN frame guides for the production model? Just a suggestion :)

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
STickbom,

We were just testing with different guides, production rods will have Fuji MN frame.
Thanks for your suggestion.

·
55 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Minnow. The rod looks really promising and the bend looks nice in the photo too! All the best for your rod's acid test :)

·
Super Moderator
6,264 Posts
Hey TJ, any chance the 80#, 7.5', butt-joint prototype
will be available in a conventional version?
Trying to find something for that Accurate I bought:rolleyes:
something for pitching bait/lite iron.
-Brian

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Hey TJ, any chance the 80#, 7.5', butt-joint prototype
will be available in a conventional version?
Trying to find something for that Accurate I bought:rolleyes:
something for pitching bait/lite iron.
-Brian
That is why I ordered two 7.5' 80 lbs blanks when tj posted. One for spinning and one for conventional. As airline regulations are getting tougher, they don't accept free check-in luggage longer than 7' anymore on most airlines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.