360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that the OTI popping rod does not fit a Penn or FinNor spinning reel? Was looking to pick up a cheaper alternative for the last few outings of the year...then upgrade over winter. Not going to buy either if they won't fit the rod.

I think I should have put different line on my saragosa. Has 80lb hollow power pro for jigging, but I expect it will cast like bailing twine.

·
5,457 Posts
They will fit, but the wider foot on the Penn and others will not fit fully. I have used a Penn 950ss on one of mine with out any difficultys

d-a

·
3,720 Posts
I asked this same question a month or so ago. I almost didn't buy an OTI because of it. I was planning on using a fin nor OFS95. When I got the rod home, I was happy to see that it did in fact fit.I'm using a stella on the rod now anyway, but I think you'll find those reels will actually fit.

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I just bought another saragosa...but it isn't here yet. Rather than get another, i thiught I'd buy a "cheaper alternative" until it arrives. I guss the only way to really tell is to buy one and try it.

·
1,448 Posts
22 is much better than the 20 fuji reel seats. i lost a cabo 80 when it popped out of my size 20 reel seat. I think Oti is just covering their bases in saying that it wont fully fit in a size 22. a good call to advertise it if you ask me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts