OTI 600g or BaR-BaR

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by sweetsdream, Mar 19, 2009.

1. sweetsdream

sweetsdream Guest

Long time lurker, first time poster. I love this board and there are some very knowledgeable people here. I just ordered an Accurate B2-665N and I'm looking for a rod to match for Jigging. I know many of you rave about the OTI 600g but I'm also eyeballing a BaR-BaR custom from ebay. What are you opinions? Anyone have both?

2. hstsw

hstsw Senior Member

Used both rods - IMO go with the OTI 600gr
    You get the world class service or warranty from OTI

3. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

I vote for the OTI 300g for your B2-665N. 600g is more suited to reels like the B2-30 or Alutecnos Gorilla 20. Don't know about the Bar-Bar, but from the looks of it, the OTI may be better build quality, again, I have no experience with Bar-Bar other than looking at the pics. Great warranty from OTI as well.

4. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

I say OTI as well. TJ is awesome to talk to and deal with and the warranty is par excelance.

5. shooter75

shooter75 Member

I have several rods from Ron at Bar-Bar Tackle and I have to say he makes a hell of a good rod and customer service is top notch. I don't think you can lose with either rods.

6. fathom

fathom Lifetime Supporting Members

600gr. is for deep jigging with heavy jigs. go with 300gr.

7. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

either one is nice. i think the OTI is more technique specific for jiggin. whereas you could use the Bar Bar for anything.. meaning the OTI probably is better in the sense of jigging because of the action of the tip and parabolic properties that it was designed for.

my .02.... get both, and buy another reel :)

8. hstsw

hstsw Senior Member

either one is nice. i think the OTI is more technique specific for jiggin. whereas you could use the Bar Bar for anything.. meaning the OTI probably is better in the sense of jigging because of the action of the tip and parabolic properties that it was designed for.

my .02.... get both, and buy another reel :)

I likes your idea SkeeteRonnie :D

9. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

My B2-665N is on an OTI 300 - and it's a great combination! It's a very light weight combination that lets me jig all day in water to 300ft. I've loaded this combo with up to 23lbs of drag and have caught fish to 40lbs with no problems. I have a B2-665W on an OTI 600 that i use to target grouper and other bottom fish.

10. Surfacegrinder

Surfacegrinder Guest

I bought a new reel and I am looking at the oti 600g also. They will have some at a store that is not to far away to where I can touch, see, feel, you know all the things you want to do before you buy. Even though I jig in about 100' - 300' I want that extra backbone the 600 will provide. Besides I saved some $ on the reel and though I'd treat myself on the rod. Everyone keeps talking this rod up so I got to try it and find out if it is true.

11. Mitchw123456

Mitchw123456 Senior Member

get the oti.. Ron at bar-bar has built several rods for me but after my latest expierence with him he will never see another dime from me. I will not go into what happened here but i will personally not recommend him anymore.