360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Does anyone have any experience ordering reels from these folks?

http://www.jualreels.com/

A buddy of mine is thinking about doing so--terms for international orders are direct money transfer--no credit cards--minimum order of $1,000.00. Reels are typically less than half the price here. I told I wouldn't do it on a bet, but he thinks the risk is worth it. I told him I would ask around. Any experiences? Thanks.

Rus

My advice, stay away from it!

Randy

· Registered
75 Posts
the pricing is a little to cheap and would scare me. however if they ship a true shimano or penn product then go for it. see if you can get some feedback from anyone that has used that site. i used a guy in indonesia that was about 1 to 2 hundred cheaper than i could find in the states that required a wire transfer of funds and had no problelms with 2 separate orders. i was a little leary of those transactions but they went off with out a hitch. ymmv...rick

The reason I told you guys to stay away from it is because, you are probably supporting credit card fraud, this website might just be one what they use to launder tackles bought with stolen CC. I already have a few transactions from Indonesia buying high end stuffs in small quantities but when I probe further, they backed off...

Randy

· Registered
75 Posts
Some hints on when and when not to order from the internet:

Something is fishy when:

(1) There is no contact number
(2) Can't pay by credit card or paypal and accepts only wires (once payment is through, there is no recourse)
(3) Prices are too good to be true

Mrbill, don't even give a cent to them, wire cost you 35bucks and the cheapest item is an Avet going for 89 bucks, give that to charity and you still get some tax relief... ;) give it to them, you won't even get a thank you!

Lastly, anything from Indonesia; better think twice. Navy in the day and pirates in the dark....

Randy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.