360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience ordering reels from these folks?

http://www.jualreels.com/

A buddy of mine is thinking about doing so--terms for international orders are direct money transfer--no credit cards--minimum order of $1,000.00. Reels are typically less than half the price here. I told I wouldn't do it on a bet, but he thinks the risk is worth it. I told him I would ask around. Any experiences? Thanks.

Rus

1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rick: This company name is actually Perintis Sarana Pancing PT (I'm guessing that "PT" is an Indonesian equivalent of "Inc" or "Ltd." Does that name by any chance ring a bell?

Randy and Mr. Bill: I understand what you are saying. And I would agree that if they are of that ilk, I wouldn't want to support them. Guess there is no way of knowing.

Russ

1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, T.J. (and everyone else). Actually it appears they have a $1,000.00 minimum order--probably to prevent experiments with the smal stuff. And another thing that is really really fishy (pun intended) is their special offer: 20 reels, including several Tiagras, I believe, several Stellas, and several Trini 50 s for a flat $3,000.00. Sheesh. Anyway, I passed on the tips to my friend, and he is still toying with the idea of getting 3 other guys to go in with him to spread the risk and roll the dice. The pity is he has enough dough to consider it a roll of the dice. Ah me. And with my luck, it will work out for him, and I won't be able to gloat.

Russ

1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Folks,

I passed on your advice as well as my own--my friend sent an email to the company with--I don't know what questions. It was not returned. Nuff said. Thanks.

Russ

1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I too am sorry for your loss. When my buddy approached me with this, I will admit that I was tempted--but only for a moment. What the heck, I don't know what the markup on reels is--that having been said, coming from an economy like Japan's with such high wages, it is unlikely at best that their product would ever be discounted even half that much. The prospect that they might have been in the business of credit card fraud sealed the deal for me. Still, my friend was going to go ahead with the minimum order, until he tried the email which went unanswered. Pretty good indicator.

Russ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.