360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please send your reviews on Quantum Boca 70....

After its first encounter with the 100#+ YFT I had to change the reel clutch system. I was using a Shimano Teramar 8´ 20-40 rod

Comments?

·
4,723 Posts
You should probably look into getting a Stella 18kSW or Saltiga 6000GT/6500 DogFight for such an application. Both those reels would provide you with reliable service against 100+# tuna in Panama, after all, whats the point of having to worry while you're there trying to kill big fish with poppers right? Plus you're already spending all that money going to Panama, might as well get proven gear for fishing there. No need to risk it. JMO.

·
1,448 Posts
my anti-reverse went in my cabo 80. my cabo 60 is bulletproof. go figure! now i dont take any chances. i hang with stella.

·
1,448 Posts
loved my saragosa 18000. but, for big fish, the drag had me scared. the difference in drags between the stellas and saragosas is astounding. so i sold both my saragosas and no i hang with stella. even if im catching mahi i still feel more confident if a marlin or tuna busts in!

·
1,448 Posts
also you can get the stella 10000/20000 for 500.00usd if you try. that isnt out of most peoples reach. at least the people who encounter tuna regularly; )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts