Open Pelican trip Friday

Discussion in 'Pelagics' started by etan, Nov 17, 2008.

1. etan

etan Senior Member

The Pelican and Capt john Brennum have an open tuna trip leaving at 6:00 Friday morning the 21st. A charter cancelled at the last moment so here is a chance to fish with the best tuna captain going. I'd go except I have to be out of town. Just call Deep Sea Headquarters.

2. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

It is time to fish Gulf of Mexico as bft fishing here dwindle down. :)

3. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Dang, being out of town this weekend is KILLING me. I need to go fishing.

4. Pope

Pope Senior Member

How much do their trips run? Time fishing?

5. Bret

Bret Senior Member

buoyweather is looking good for friday- sat noon... then it gets real windy.

6. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

Pope,

I was on the Pelican Wed - Thur. Cost was $500 + $82 fuel charge. We returned 8 hrs early due to bad weather but I estimate we spent 16 of 40 hrs fishing. We made bait, hit several AJ/Grouper spots, and fished two Floaters (Diana Hoover and either Boomvang or Nancen - not sure which one).

The cabin/bunks are small and get very crowded but there's ample room around the rails for 12 fishermen.

7. ALW

ALW Senior Member

Where do you put your rods and tackle on the Pelican?

8. Cudakilla

Cudakilla Senior Member

Unfortunately there was not much room to store rods other than the rod holders on the rail which does get in the way of fishing. I broke the tip of my brand new Smith Keyohlu because we had to stack it with a pile of other rods in a corner. It broke when we hit a big wave and the whole lot went sliding down on the deck.

Tackle goes under your bunk or on it and that is also where you make ready your gear. Kind of a tight actually.

On the positive side the boat was a lot faster and did not rock and roll as bad as I thought it would.

That boat with John Brennan and crew is a damn good combination.

9. rtran

rtran Senior Member

I got charged 550 plus 100 fuel surcharge?

10. bulllred

bulllred Senior Member

Pope,

I was on the Pelican Wed - Thur. Cost was $500 + $82 fuel charge. We returned 8 hrs early due to bad weather but I estimate we spent 16 of 40 hrs fishing. We made bait, hit several AJ/Grouper spots, and fished two Floaters (Diana Hoover and either Boomvang or Nancen - not sure which one).

The cabin/bunks are small and get very crowded but there's ample room around the rails for 12 fishermen.

On our trip it was $550 plus $100 fuel. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

11. Grescobia

Grescobia Senior Member

bullred , are you going on the trip this weekend ?