Open Back Seat (Actually Deck)

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by Pope, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Pope

Pope Senior Member

I am considering duck hunting in the morning, but am also considering some line pulling instead. If I fish, I am going for cats. Anyone who has fished with me knows this will not be slow, waiting for a bite catfishing. I would be surprised if we didn't get 10 good cats within the first hour. Likely we can get a few over 5lbs. If Cedar Creek had enough water we could get several over 10lbs and up to 20lbs. You will need a slightly heavy oufit for this if you want to go. Smooth baitcast reel (spooled with 20lb-30lb) and medium-heavy rod. Spectra is better for line. We will be fishing cats in shallow water and they are spooky, so hull slap will kill us. This means we have to go early (sunrise fishing). Winds pick up mid morning.

2. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

MAN!!! Ifn I wasnt doing a tourney tomorrow!! DANGIT!!! another time...

3. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Good luck. What tournament?

4. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

bass tourney on Lake Graham.. off the TFF. i have never been on that lake. gonna be fishing blind. gotta pull out them fish finding skills....

5. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Just a tip, but after heavy rains I have found em shallower, but spread out (mostly in the creeks). Its going to be a tough day tomorrow. Try throwing a big spinnerbait with a big C-blade or a rattle trap. They will need some noise/vibration to key in on and those lures will let you cover a lot of water. At least everyone is going to have a tough day. Good luck

6. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

If the family wasnt still here, you could count me in. When do you go back to school? I will give you a call sometime tomorrow when they leave. Sorry I have been so MIA. Been CRAZY around here.......

Keith

7. Pope

Pope Senior Member

I stayed home because nobodsy loves me. I think I will just eat worms...