ooooh this one too :)

Discussion in 'Automobiles' started by concept3, Mar 10, 2012.

1. concept3

concept3 Site Sponsor

bored. may as well fill this forum with something.

retired 2002. Winner, Category class toyota corolla. NOPI nationals 2000
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Miss this guy everyday.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. linh.

linh. Senior Member

nice. Are those volk re30s?

3. DenisB

DenisB Senior Member

None of which hold much fishing gear or tow boats particularly well.
    get your priorities right Merv. :D

351 XLT 4X4 F150
    Mazda Eunos 500 - for fun - ( missus car)..........2L quad cam 24 valve V-6.
    1985 Toyota Corolla waggon ( RWD ,original , low miles ).............project ( future AE5 turbo transplant.) - ( +son).

4. Tuna Loco

Tuna Loco Resigned

Where are the hot chicks? Didn't you get those accessories?

5. concept3

concept3 Site Sponsor

None of which hold much fishing gear or tow boats particularly well.
    get your priorities right Merv. :D

351 XLT 4X4 F150
    Mazda Eunos 500 - for fun - ( missus car)..........2L quad cam 24 valve V-6.
    1985 Toyota Corolla waggon ( RWD ,original , low miles ).............project ( future AE5 turbo transplant.) - ( +son).

Nice Denis-
    That corolla up top was vinyled up to commemorate the pikes peak awd turbo celica back in the day.
    I ended up boosting the stock 7AFE motor for a little power and outfitted it with the loudest blowoff valve I could find, a turbo-xs model. It was awesome! Whooooooooooop-iiiiiiishhhhh. Too bad stock was 105hp an only went up to 121 @ 7 psi, it had more bark than bite lol

6. concept3

concept3 Site Sponsor

Ummm Denis, I now drive a 2011 Toyota tundra crew cab. I can't see over the hood he he. Adding some 33" tires this summer, just got her lifted a bit.... Need another rung on my side ladder lol

7. linh.

linh. Senior Member

Those tundras are nice I want a tacoma. Tundras are to big for me.

I have a civic I've been working on since I was 15. Its been neglected for 2 years now just collecting dust.

8. Tuna Loco

Tuna Loco Resigned

I have a 2006 TRD Tundra. Last year they made the smaller ones. It has factory dual exhaust. I have only seen one other with it and it was a Darryl Waltrip racing special edition. It is a SR5 but I have more options than any of the Limited editions I have seen. Leather heated seats, moon roof and the rear window is powered.

Attached Files:

9. tngbmt

tngbmt Senior Member

my 2006 tundra is a step child when compared to the robalo 24cc.
    i put 150k mile on the tundra, it's kept in the driveway full of mud, dirt but the boat is fully covered, wax, buff and have about 150hrs since i bought it

10. DenisB

DenisB Senior Member

a tunda now, that better.............the '85 corolla was a real 'little old lady kept in garage" model , Merv.
    ( Grandmother)..........not a speck of rust in it & very low miles, when he inherited it last year after I bought his grandma a little auto Getz to get around in as she couldn't handle the clutch for a manual anymore.
    youngest is in financial recovery mode after rolling his Toyota Hilux ute ( 18 months from new )........and being lucky to walk away from it , but unlucky with a lousy write-off insurance settlement............he has been dreaming about what to put in it for some more 'go' ever since.

My best friend has a Porche Carrera S4 and does trackdays & Targa comps around Oz.
    His son had built up the Imprezza ( plated "Wasabi" ) voted the Fastest 4 in Oz by "Fast 4's" mag ( year before last) ............insurance Co's refused to cover him after it was featured in the Mag, so he broke it up & sold off all the goodies . Bought a Mitsubishi Evo with all the factory approved performance options to get insurance & has just lost his license for 12 months or so..................you guessed it ..........serious speeding offence , just one, that had his license immediately seized at the roadside & his GF had to drive home............she now has to drive him to work & have all the fun blowing off the other hoons at the lights .................He He.

My F150 is due for a complete repaint this year, I looked at replacing it , but under our road rules here the current models carry a lot less for the GVM limit , so I'll stick with the F150 ...........its done an awful lot of miles & is on its 3rd engine ...........the only thing I haven't replaced is the body & the G/box, and I tossed the rear axle & diff ,and replaced it with a 9" LSD & axle not long after I got the F150..........the originals were not called "exploder" diffs without reason.

11. Locke N Load

Locke N Load Wannabe Tuna Fisherman

I still want a manufacturer to offer a midsize or even 150/1500 size pickup with a small turbo diesel. Like a 3.0l with 200-250hp and 350-450tq. And gets more than 20 mpg around town and 25 on the highway. Why they can offer them in other countries, but not the U.S. because we already buy all the gassers or fullsize diesels they can build, is not an excuse. I would love a Nissan Frontier with a diesel.

Ask and ye shall receive http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/05/cummins-feds-developing-four-cylinder-diesel-for-nissan-titan.html Just have to wait a few more years and settle for a Titan I guess.

12. TPG

TPG Senior Member

I still want a manufacturer to offer a midsize or even 150/1500 size pickup with a small turbo diesel. Like a 3.0l with 200-250hp and 350-450tq. And gets more than 20 mpg around town and 25 on the highway. Why they can offer them in other countries, but not the U.S. because we already buy all the gassers or fullsize diesels they can build, is not an excuse. I would love a Nissan Frontier with a diesel.

Ask and ye shall receive Update 2: Cummins, Feds Developing Four-Cylinder Diesel for Nissan Titan - PickupTrucks.com News Just have to wait a few more years and settle for a Titan I guess.

I bet it won't sell very well over here.
    Can't put 33"s on it, can't lift it so high you can't reach the drive through.
    Its all about bigger bigger bigger.
    Look at the size of a 3/4 ton truck today vs 20 years ago.
    Completely stupid and pointless.

13. jurys in

jurys in Senior Member

bored. may as well fill this forum with something.

retired 2002. Winner, Category class toyota corolla. NOPI nationals 2000
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Miss this guy everyday.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very nice car. I really miss Nopi not being around anymore. There aren't any shows around anymore. We used to have fun all year building car for he show and then what a fun week. Couple days before and then the weekend and the after parties. Man I wish some one would put a show again like that.

14. jurys in

jurys in Senior Member

Ummm Denis, I now drive a 2011 Toyota tundra crew cab. I can't see over the hood he he. Adding some 33" tires this summer, just got her lifted a bit.... Need another rung on my side ladder lol

I have 2010 crew cab. Just do a leveling kit and 33 go. Don't try to go bigger as you will not enable to turn. It looks like 35 will fit Buthelezi inner fender wells prevent it. Four 10s behind the rear seat. 8 tvs. 11 MUDs and highs. 3 amps. 12 train horns with two 5 gallon tanks and two viair compressors.

15. Locke N Load

Locke N Load Wannabe Tuna Fisherman

I am sure they have done studies and figured it would just cannibalize their other truck sales so what's the point. Must not be enough guys like me or we are not heard. Story of my life.

I bet it won't sell very well over here.
    Can't put 33"s on it, can't lift it so high you can't reach the drive through.
    Its all about bigger bigger bigger.
    Look at the size of a 3/4 ton truck today vs 20 years ago.
    Completely stupid and pointless.

16. elpescador

elpescador Senior Member

Used to own an AW11 MR2 with a worked 4AGZE supercharged trd race engine 225hp at the rear wheels, great fun just undriveable if it rained!!;)