One Bonito.........

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Ice Cream Man, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Ice Cream Man

Ice Cream Man Junior member

When fishing with Mark Fishstalkers at the Liberty Ship caught several Blues ( released) & only one Bonito - trolling Yozuri DD - No fish busting the surface today......ICM

Attached Files:

2. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

We all have days like that.

3. tbuckshot

tbuckshot Guest

Did you eat that oceanic bonito? Makes good sushi and really good fried, too.

4. Phat Tuna

Phat Tuna Junior member

Nice bonito! Our favorite lure is a #3 clark spoon drail/planner/surface...change up the depth to find the sweet spot. Good eats!

5. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

I remember fishing the Liberty Ship one year with Capt Lee Parsons and the weather was so cold I was wearing a down jacket and insulated gloves...while fly fishing! I have some photos and it looks like it was snowing less than ten miles away. But, we caught a few bonito and carved them up on the dock with soy sauce and wasabi. Oddly, the afternoon of that very day was warm and we caught a bunch of drum inside.

The photo from this post makes it look like the weather was a lot nicer than the time I did that location ;)

6. bunile

bunile Senior Member

I can make a BOINITO think it's a chicken if prepared and cooked properly. When they swim they think they are WAHOOS.