Omoto reels

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by Iman, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Iman

Iman Senior Member

Hi, has some one ever used Omoto posedion reels?
    If yes can you give me some feedback about them-how they worked in the fish fight- are the gears good-is the drag good? or other features you noticed ( bad or good featuers) .I made this topic becouse I'm planning to buy Omoto posedion 30 2 speed for live bait to get some AJ's . So i need some feedback so I know what I'm buying.

Thank you very much
    Iman

2. Jrzrider83

Jrzrider83 Senior Member

alan tani has a post or two on these reels. i know one of the versions is an almost exact copy of the avet sx. not sure about the other models they make.

3. Jrzrider83

Jrzrider83 Senior Member

make your own decision by i would personally never support a Chinese hack job ripping of an american designed reel that is made in the usa.

4. Iman

Iman Senior Member

Jrzrider83 the one I have has 1 year warrnty and on the box there is written Made in Japan. I dont think that the model I have is chinese.

5. Jrzrider83

Jrzrider83 Senior Member

just found their website and aparantly they are taiwanese. which is a republic of china. egro the confusion of a "chinese reel".

i find this quote to be rather appropriate for this situation:

Quotes from
    Tommy Boy (1995)

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why do they put a guarantee on a box? Hmm, very interesting.
    Ted: I'm listening.
    Tommy: Here's how I see it. A guy puts a guarantee on the box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.
    Ted: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
    Tommy: 'Course it does. Ya think if you leave that box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter.
    Ted: What's your point?
    Tommy: The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
    Ted: But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?
    Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for right now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality item from me.

6. Iman

Iman Senior Member

Oh ok thank you now I have a better idea of this reel.

7. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

A cheaper Avet.

-that's akin to saying "a budget Yugo".