Ok, got the 10 point back today!

Discussion in 'HUNTING' started by Earl, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Earl

Earl Senior Member

Last week the Axis was done, today I picked up my Young County 10 point. He's no monster (125 class) - but he's the biggest whitetail buck I've ever taken as I've hunted small family tracts and day leases all my life. He came off a 100 acre lease I hunt in Young County with my son.
    He's keeping my Axis and Red Stag company. Thanks to the wife for letting me put them in the family room!

I'm pretty happy with the mount. It is my first sneak. If I could change it though I'd have his head down more than it is so you can see the antlers better.

Earl

Attached Files:

2. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

Great job! I always thought I would do the last pose i remember through the scope/sights that she made before i let it loose.

3. Earl

Earl Senior Member

Yep, I seem to remember him beeing in a similar pose before I shot him as he was easing his way along a creekbed and then jumped my feeder pen to have a snack.

Here he is at my other feeder in a similar pose (but different angle) a couple of weeks before I shot him.

Earl

Great job! I always thought I would do the last pose i remember through the scope/sights that she made before i let it loose.

Attached Files:

4. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Earl, he looks better on the wall!! nice buck..

5. Rainbowrunner

Rainbowrunner Fishing Guru