Offshore marlin and inshore eating

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by capitanmarcos, Jan 16, 2007.

1. capitanmarcos

capitanmarcos Guest

John fished yesterday and released two marlin. I fished inshore and got five yellow snapper, four grouper, two seabass, a scorpionfish, a goldeneye tilefish and a dorado that inhaled a jumping minnow.

Attached Files:

2. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

2 more weeks and i am there!!!!!!!....rick

3. Bret

Bret Senior Member

I hope the seas calm down before we get there... LOL. nice pic....

4. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

If you want to test your sea legs, come down and fish the Gulf of Mexico this time of year. The last three months, we've probably averaged 6-8s. If you really want to play rodeo, we have 11-13's almost every week. I'm jealous, I which I lived in Costa Rica.

Do you have trouble raising fish in that calm water? I've always had better luck with at least 2-3's on raising marlin.

5. capitanmarcos

capitanmarcos Guest

I like it calm to see better and the fish seem to bite in calm water. I took notes for two years on tide, time water condition ect. and finally figured it out. It is a matter of dragging a bait in front of a fish that wants to have a bite. Sometimes you have to drag that bait several times in front of him to get him to bite or maybe not. We're always trying new tricks and some old ones.