360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if they make a reel cover specifically for the OJ 4000 (see pics)? I’ve got them for my 1500 and 2000, but have been unsuccessful finding one for a 4000. Any leads would be appreciated.
Sky Automotive lighting Water Gas Headlamp

Cap Rectangle Headgear Electric blue Auto part

Thanks,
Bob

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Haven't seen one from Shimano
Check out Studio Ocean Mark

:)

·
Retired Member
5,261 Posts
It looks like shimano makes two size covers for the Ocea Jigger. The M for the 1000 and 1500 and the L for the 2000 and 3000. If you have a L size try it on your 4000 it may fit. The L size seems easy to purchase.

Benny

·
Registered
165 Posts
pretty sure i saw those on ebay last night, as i was looking for a cover for a 2000, Im almost positive I saw one for the 4k and not for the 2k like I was looking for

·
Registered
165 Posts
I retract my previous statement - those ocea covers are only S - 1000 M 1000-1500 and L 2000-3000 - like benny said the 4k might fit in the L if not there are decent covers on ebay that say shimano that are much cheaper than that one - but it is a nice case.

·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I retract my previous statement - those ocea covers are only S - 1000 M 1000-1500 and L 2000-3000 - like benny said the 4k might fit in the L if not there are decent covers on ebay that say shimano that are much cheaper than that one - but it is a nice case.
OK thanks. I’m guessing the one for the 4000 would be an XL (if they even make it). The large, which I have on my 2000, definitely doesn’t fit on the 4000.
I do have the regular Shimano neoprene cover for my 4000 but it doesn’t fit all that great. Just too big and sloppy. What I like about the Ocea covers is that they fit perfectly. Nice and snug.
Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
The SOM large seems to be made specifically for the 4000/5000 jigger

:)

·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like that may work. Thanks. Gonna keep trying to find the Ocea one and order that SOM if I can’t find it.

·
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The L baitcasting cover from Shimano will fit it.
Thanks. I have the regular neoprene Shimano one on it now, but it’s a little too big for it. The two Ocea covers I have for my 1500 and 2000 fit like a glove.
I know I’m being fussy about it and most people don’t even use reel covers. But, that’s me I guess. ¯\(ツ)

·
Retired Member
5,261 Posts
Jigging world aka tackle world had good quality neoprene covers and a bunch of sizes for both spin and conventional, even narrow and NN from S to XXL. Not sure if they still carry them, but it’s worth a try. You know they’re going to be less expensive than others.

Benny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts