Oak Bluffs Video

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by gman, Jul 22, 2008.

1. gman

gman Senior Member

Here is alittle video follow up to the thread on Anthony winning the tournament

Enjoy and thanks for the comments on the other thread

YouTube - Oak Bluffs 2008

2. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

your boys a fishing machine!

3. rtran

rtran Senior Member

nice video! congrats again to anthony, I know your very proud.

4. gman

gman Senior Member

5. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i gotta watch this at home, work blocked youtube. dammit.

6. gman

gman Senior Member

ha ha its short and to the point, funny story ...

We had a school of bluefish come through the slick and we are fishing with all 80W's so i take my hots Wei World and stella put a small circle hook and a tiny piece of squid and chunk it out maybe 10 feet

well, you know where this is going ....

a 300# shark comes into the slick and of all 4 80w's and my hots jigging rod the hots just explodes, the stella is singing zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well Anthony runs to it and starts cranking on it and man did that rod and reel kick its ass

I also hooked a couple on topwater which is in the video

Attached Files:

7. hstsw

hstsw Senior Member

8. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

Yep,

Pop, popped one on a popper!!!!

Great viedo production.
    And great calm, do it right, stand up technique..

9. gman

gman Senior Member

Yep,

Pop, popped one on a popper!!!!

Great viedo production.
    And great calm, do it right, stand up technique..

ha ha thank you, Im trying to learn how to do these videos now.

He has good technique so thank you he takes a lot of pride in doing it right although he could have cranked faster at times but he was being cautious with money on the line.

The first fish kicked his ass bad maybe 200#'s but totally insane boatside and ripped off maybe 200 yards of line in seconds, not the way we wanted to start but then he got into a groove and settled down but after the 7th or 8th shark he started getting tired then the 15th fish on day one did him in. It was the big one over 400 easy probably near 450. Unfortunately wrong species or it would have taken first overall

he went to sleep at like noon on day one with 15 sharks released, Day two he was sore but trudged through it

10. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

sweet video man, now im real pissed i wasnt there

11. gman

gman Senior Member

sweet video man, now im real pissed i wasnt there

You would have had a blast the best thing about the tourney is the place Marthas Vineyard is amazing and it draws 200 boats with over 2000 people so its non stop partying along the docks ... disco balls, blow up dolls all hanging from outriggers LMAO.

I did however have to get rough with bouncer when he was kicking my son out of the opening ceremony. My son was amazed little ole' me made him back up ha ha

We would have loved to have you my man

12. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Congratulations to you and your son.

13. thenewkid

thenewkid Senior Member

Sounds like you need some muscle. (** cough cough**)

14. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

You would have had a blast the best thing about the tourney is the place Marthas Vineyard is amazing and it draws 200 boats with over 2000 people so its non stop partying along the docks ... disco balls, blow up dolls all hanging from outriggers LMAO.

I did however have to get rough with bouncer when he was kicking my son out of the opening ceremony. My son was amazed little ole' me made him back up ha ha

We would have loved to have you my man

yeah definitely next year if youve got a spot open. you shouldve taken a video of the bouncer scene. what was the point of the bouncer anyway?

you guys coming on the 4th??

15. gman

gman Senior Member

yeah definitely next year if youve got a spot open. you shouldve taken a video of the bouncer scene. what was the point of the bouncer anyway?

you guys coming on the 4th??

The opening ceromony was at a 3 floor bar at 4pm, the ceremony ended at like 7 PM, well at 8 we were still there and apparently its a violation to have a minor in a bar so they asked us to leave because the private party was over and they were open for business so I said I would as soon as I finish my drink. Well not 2 seconds lter this guy gets in my face and tels me "to get that F#@% "KID" out of here

Well Im sure you would realize how I would react to someone calling Anthony that "F#@% KID" so it got a little ugly but know that the 180# father of that "KID" wasn't on the losing end of the stick. He should be ashamed ha ha