Nov-11 trip

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by 2busy, Nov 3, 2008.

1. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

With all the fishing reports we're getting anxious.

Any of you that are booked on this trip going down the day before?I'm pretty sure we are going to be staying at the shark reef motel. I think that is what it is called, anyway it is supposed to be pretty close to the dock.

Just thought if anyone was going down early we could meet up, Maybe go over what type of lures,jigs,rigging that seems to be productive.

I'm still trying to get some loose ends taken care of,48 quart icechest,milk crate, food.

Hey Rick, dont forget the patches.

2. rtran

rtran Senior Member

The shark reef is where I stayed. Cheap and gets the job done. It's right down the street from the dock.

there is HEB and Walmart nearby but they are 15 miles or so away I recall.

3. Cudakilla

Cudakilla Senior Member

Me Baosabi and Gary are thinking of going the day before and try for some flounder. :)

4. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Me Baosabi and Gary are thinking of going the day before and try for some flounder. :)

It was a little too windy for us to do anything the days before the trip so we went to a bar in Corpus.

5. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

If you guys are going to be in the area let us know so maybe we can get together for a meal or something.

6. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

Fred (Gimmedeal) and I plan to be in PA Monday around 6pm and would welcome an opportunity to meet everyone Monday evening. Maybe dinner and drinks? What motel do folks plan to use?

Louis

7. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

Could someone get the dimentions of a 48 qt icechest and let me know.I have several icechests but dont know what size they are. Just want to make sure it will fit under the bench. Thanks

We will be staying at Shark reef motel. Not sure what time we will be rolling in but plan on leaving here before daylight.

8. rtran

rtran Senior Member

As long as it is not over 2 feet high then you should be good. It's not strict really just don't bring some huge cooler.

9. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Could someone get the dimentions of a 48 qt icechest and let me know..

14" deep x 15" height x 24" length = 48-52Qt chest.

Normal seating height is 18". Under most seats is 16". Keep height under 16" for a good fit.

What boat are you going out on?

10. Formula4Fish

Formula4Fish Senior Member

On the Pelican, I measured the distance from the bottom of the seat to the deck at 18.5 inches. A 60 quart Igloo will fit under it nicely.

11. Cudakilla

Cudakilla Senior Member

Looks like 3 of us probably won't get there till late. Maybe staying at the Travelodge.

Any more current updates on weather and sea conditions?

12. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Anybody got a good weather forecast? Tuesday has been looking a little sporty.

Fred

13. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Yes, it looks like a front wil push into the coast on Wednesday. Winds are looking stiff the day before (Tuesday). Maybe it will linger a bit before hitting the coast. Good luck.

14. awesum

awesum Senior Member

With 6-8's Monday it looks dicey but shows 4-6's for Tuesday. I'd say it's a go. DSH rarely cancels for 4'-6' seas.

Fred .... if you're over that way Monday evening I may run over and call you on your cell phone. But don't count on that for sure ...;)

15. Cudakilla

Cudakilla Senior Member

Looks like bumpy on Tuesday. Wed is good. Hope it does not change or change for the better.

Tuesday
    South winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. A chance of showers and thunderstorms.
    Tuesday Night
    South winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. A chance of showers and thunderstorms.
    Wednesday
    Southwest winds 10 to 15 knots becoming northwest 5 to 10 knots in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 4 feet. A chance of showers and thunderstorms.
    Wednesday Night
    Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. A chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Nw Gulf N Of 25n W Of 90w
    Including Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary
    This Afternoon Through Tue Night
    W of 93w se to S winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 6 to 9 ft. E of 93w E to se winds 15 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
    Wed And Thu
    E of front S to SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft. W of front N to NE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Scattered showers and isolated tstms along front.
    Fri
    E of front S to SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft. W of front NW to N winds increasing to N to NE 20 to 30 kt Fri night. Seas building 4 to 7 ft. Scattered showers and isolated tstms along front.

16. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

Dang Bobby! You've got a great avatar there!

Tom - DBG

17. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

This trip was moved back to Weds start. Man, I'm glad, it was gonna be all up and down goin out. Be hard to stay in a bunk in 7 foot seas.

Fred

18. awesum

awesum Senior Member

Yeah Fred, I saw that coming. I was gonna try to meet you guys at the dock when you come in but I work Thursday and friday.

Dang Bobby! You've got a great avatar there!

Tom - DBG

Lots of history behind that avatar Tom. I've been using it on another board for about 4 or 5 years now. And even though it's a G-rated mixed board they have fun with it. They have nicknamed he "Lucy" for some reason and the guys make up stories about trips they've taken with her. I won't go there but Lucy has been a naughty girl a few times. One guy tells me she has nice "pixels". I used to have her in a link where she moved about 2 or 3 time s faster but after a computer crash I was only able to find her in the slow moving one you see here. I used to could post a spirited song and she'd meet the rhythm perfectly.

19. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

Awesum! You live up to the name!! Send me the file one of these days and I'll speed it up for you! Might even be able to make her do some new tricks!

DBG