North Carolina Bite!

Discussion in 'Saltywater Tackle' started by Saltywater tackle, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Ron Z

Ron Z Senior Member

Capt Dom

Those southern tuna are just stupid it seems, maybe they all got caught. We still have plenty of tuna here at Cape Cod (not till may) Our tuna are much more difficult to catch and require's less luck and more skill. It seems you had no problem last year bringing a couple hundred jig & pop tuna to the boat while most were crying the blues of no tuna. I'm sure next year will be the same. We had them right in out back yard all season and only a few knew how to get it done. It's good you don't run your mouth on every single tuna you catch, it keeps the crowds down and leaves more for us

2. jwhit012

jwhit012 Senior Member

toast to that evan, the experience is what counts in my books. I had a great time, hearing all the fishing stories and making new friends, Ill def be their next

3. BigAnchovy

BigAnchovy Senior Member

toast to that evan, the experience is what counts in my books. I had a great time, hearing all the fishing stories and making new friends, Ill def be their next

Our digs were pretty phat, too....

4. Warsaw

Warsaw Senior Member

You can't catch fish sitting on the couch....

Every great fishery goes through dry spells, that's why they call it fishing, not catching. It is really all about getting your shots when mother nature and life's schedule allows, and having a good time. Chasing tuna can be very frustrating, but it is this frustration that leads to the challenge, and even greater enjoyment of the bite when you are fortunate to be there at the right time.

Nice to see people taking a chance and just going for it, looking to make their own luck instead of report chasing.

I live my life by that statement.

5. Warsaw

Warsaw Senior Member

Evan thanks for the trip I had a blast and will remember it for years to come. Even though we didn't catch fish the time spent forging new friendships and hanging out with existing friends is just as important.

I had a great time with our fishing team of Big Tom, Tom (Doc), Adrian, Jomal, and Evan; it is always a pleasure to share a boat with all you guys, and cannot wait for next time.

Meeting all the other distinguished anglers Friday night was a treat and having Konishi San autograph my carpenters was a true honor.

6. Saltywater tackle

Saltywater tackle Site Sponsor

I just get a call from Paul,
    our Singaporean clients that are fishing with Paul manage to land an 89 inch Bluefin tuna on the Carpenter Endless Passion 82/38!!!!

Tight lines
    Sami

7. Buddha

Buddha Senior Member

Wow - fantastic!

8. BigTomF

BigTomF Member

Outstanding!!

9. outermostangling

outermostangling Site Sponsor

I just get a call from Paul,
    our Singaporean clients that are fishing with Paul manage to land an 89 inch Bluefin tuna on the Carpenter Endless Passion 82/38!!!!

Tight lines
    Sami

Very nice. 89" fish is a stud on a spinner, well done..

www.outermostangling.com
    www.facebook.com/outermostangling

10. Warsaw

Warsaw Senior Member

11. BigAnchovy

BigAnchovy Senior Member

That's great News, and Congratulations: Sounds like "Singapore March Fun!"

12. Saltywater tackle

Saltywater tackle Site Sponsor

Latest update from Oregon Inlet :)
    Paul landed an 87 inch fish today on a Carpenter Prototype rod that was given to me by Konishi-san to test, then they killed a 70 inch fish that was caught by one of the guy from his group, both fishes been caught on Carpenter lures !!!

Tight lines
    Sami

13. Buddha

Buddha Senior Member

Way to go Paul!!!!!!!

14. Warsaw

Warsaw Senior Member

15. porcha

porcha Broscientist

why is it the 800+ class don't swim through those waters? are they not gulf stock?

16. CAPT.JEFFB

CAPT.JEFFB Junior member

Nice job Paul congrats and the Singapore crew way to go,can't wait to see pics,Jeff.

17. sami G

sami G Site Sponsor

why is it the 800+ class don't swim through those waters? are they not gulf stock?

They do, but who want to tangle up with those class of fish on a spinning outfit :)
    Captain Ned Ashby from Sea Breeze is holding the North Carolina state record when he landed an 805lb 2 years ago,

18. njjigger69

njjigger69 Member

They do, but who want to tangle up with those class of fish on a spinning outfit :)
    Captain Ned Ashby from Sea Breeze is holding the North Carolina state record when he landed an 805lb 2 years ago,

Ummmmmmm I do!

19. mtamim

mtamim Senior Member

congrats guys!