North Carolina Bite!

Discussion in 'Saltywater Tackle' started by Saltywater tackle, Feb 8, 2013.

1. BigAnchovy

BigAnchovy Senior Member

lol let me know when you get a fish on your lap :)

Hopefully this weekend!

2. CaptV

CaptV Junior member

3. Saltywater tackle

Saltywater tackle Site Sponsor

It was very sporty today, we made it out and we saw tuna but could't stay too long, the weather get really nasty and the Captain made the call to turn back.
    few pictures to show you guys how rough it was :)

Tight lines
    Sami

Attached Files:

4. bowguide

bowguide Senior Member

looks like fun.......good call by the Capt.

5. tailfisher

tailfisher Senior Member

Looks pretty sporty

6. entourage

entourage Senior Member

Wow that looks ruffer than that trip I did with you on the seabreeze 3 or 4 years ago. It was straight nasty that day we should have called the trip.

7. sami G

sami G Site Sponsor

Wow that looks ruffer than that trip I did with you on the seabreeze 3 or 4 years ago. It was straight nasty that day we should have called the trip.

Hi Chris,
    The only difference if i recall is that we caught fish on that trip.

8. BigAnchovy

BigAnchovy Senior Member

Do you have a forecast for this weekend? If it's going to be anything like that I'm starting dramamine tonight!

9. sc_shark

sc_shark Senior Member

man that looks like no fun at all.. be safe out their. i hate seeing pics like that.

10. Courtland

Courtland Site Sponsor

I just threw up....

11. bowguide

bowguide Senior Member

hopefully no one nearby was wearing bibsI just threw up....

12. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

When it looks nasty in pictures, its 2x as bad in person. Wow, that looks rough.

13. NO-ICE

NO-ICE Member

Hard to fish when your hanging on! Tomorrow should be a little nicer. Maybe a bit rainy, but a whole lot better than that pic. We were planning on going but think we are going to wait for a little nicer window where we can fish a couple days. Hope the better WX comes soon.

14. sami G

sami G Site Sponsor

We put up the mileage today and we failed to find any fishes,
    I heard of 1 fish caught on the troll today and it was an 85 inch.

15. BigTomF

BigTomF Member

Yesterday, we covered a lot of real estate as well. We actually saw the the boat that hooked up to that 85" fish. It was picked up on the edge of a school of dolphins. The boys made some attempts and casted & jigged in the same area but no takers.

Even though we didn't hook up during the trip we had non-stop laughter on the Smoker with a great group, Evan, Adrian, Jorge and Jamal.
    Capt Brynner was determined and relentless and Mate Jason left us with a memorable experience.

16. egluck

egluck Senior Member

Here here Tom. I guess you could say we had about as much fun as a group could have without seeing a tuna, both on the smoker and in the nice house we rented in Nags Head.

Jorge Jomal and I were especially stoked when we met up with a distinguished group of anglers the first night at Sami's house. I'm hoping someone will post some pics from that night.

The two Toms, Adrian and I have all seen OBX at its best, but I was super bummed that Jorge and Jomal were not able to experience that; there is always next year. :)

17. BigAnchovy

BigAnchovy Senior Member

Evan, thanks for putting me back in the loop. It appears that Big Tom has forgot about me. I guess he was still excited about Jason and the Strudel!

18. Jiffjingle

Jiffjingle Member

hopefully no one nearby was wearing bibs

Come on Court. You're better than that

19. Jiffjingle

Jiffjingle Member

I just threw up....

Come on Court. You're better than that

20. BigTomF

BigTomF Member

Evan, thanks for putting me back in the loop. It appears that Big Tom has forgot about me. I guess he was still excited about Jason and the Strudel!

Damn, you're correct, I left your name out...sorry. Next time I will mention it twice.

21. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

You can't catch fish sitting on the couch....

Every great fishery goes through dry spells, that's why they call it fishing, not catching. It is really all about getting your shots when mother nature and life's schedule allows, and having a good time. Chasing tuna can be very frustrating, but it is this frustration that leads to the challenge, and even greater enjoyment of the bite when you are fortunate to be there at the right time.

Nice to see people taking a chance and just going for it, looking to make their own luck instead of report chasing.