NMFS Permits

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by CapeFearSportswear, Mar 1, 2009.

1. I'm sure this is out there already but I just got this email:

HMS Permits Renewal
    ALL HMS PERMITS EXPIRED DECEMBER 31, 2008. HMS Permits are now operating on the calendar year, regardless of when you applied/renewed your permit in 2008. If you have not renewed yours for 2009 yet please make sure you do so before the next tournament!

To acquire or renew an HMS recreational fishing permit, you must complete either an initial or permit renewal application. Applications can be completed online at NMFS Permit Shop or obtained via fax or mail by calling (888) 872-8862.

Just another heads up for everyone....

Chris

2. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

damn they owe me for 3 months of fees. i will probably see it when i get my stimulus package.....rick

3. surfcowboy

surfcowboy Site Sponsor

where did you get this info? i went online to look for this.

4. surfcowboy

surfcowboy Site Sponsor

this is what i found on the nmfs website PERMITS FOR 2009 ARE NOW AVAILABLE
    This notice outlines the procedure for obtaining a 2009 Atlantic Tunas Permit, which allows you to commercially fish for and/or retain Atlantic bluefin, yellowfin, skipjack, albacore, and bigeye tunas; an Atlantic Highly Migratory Species (HMS) Angling Permit, which allows you to recreationally fish for and/or retain any regulated Atlantic HMS (Atlantic tunas, sharks, swordfish, or billfish); or an HMS Charter/Headboat Permit, which is required by vessels taking fee paying passengers fishing for or retaining HMS. The permits issued for the 2009 season will be valid from the date of issuance through December 31, 2009. The permit fee is $16.00, payable by credit card (Visa, Master Card, Discover, or American Express) or check/money order. You will need your Atlantic tunas or your Atlantic HMS permit number to renew your permit for this up coming season. If you do not have your permit number from last year available, you may look it up at NMFS Permit Shop using your last name, phone number, and zip code, or a Customer Service representative may assist at the number below. Please check your current permit information carefully prior to renewing your permit. Please Note: Changes to you permit category may be made under the following circumstances: a) When you renew the permit for the upcoming season; b) Within 10-calendar days from the permits’ date of issuance, to correct any errors in permit category. If you have questions regarding the permit process, our Customer Service representatives are available at (888) 872 8862, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time.

5. I got this in an email from a friend of mine in FL that fishes a lot of the Billfish tournaments...He said he was told this applied across the board...not sure if he is correct but want to notify/ask anyway.

Chris

6. Hello Everybody, my name is Steven, this is my first time here and I would certainly like to introduce myself.
    I am 33 and I live in North Yorkshire, Great britain. I have 2 little ones and I love outdoor adventure sports.
    I look forward to chatting with you all here.[​IMG]