Nice Yellowfins off of the Pelican 12-21-07

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by STx Fisherman, Dec 21, 2007.

1. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Mr. Bill called Snagged a while ago and Snagged called me....

The Pelican out of Deep Sea Headquarters got back in with around 22 very nice yellowfin tuna...in the 100 lb. range. The charter went out to the Boudreaux rig East of South Padre Island, Texas. I don't know details of the trip but I was able to capture a pic to post here.

Attached Files:

2. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

I need to get on one of these trips before the run is over! Dang nice fish!

DBG

3. shanker

shanker Senior Member

Tom, you and me both!

4. thenewkid

thenewkid Senior Member

he!! id juss like to fish the GOM period although i do love the NE canyons id like to spread my wingss and broaden my horizons a bit looks like yall got quite the fishery goin down there cant wait good luck to all of you on your upcomin trips.

5. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

You two need to sign up and go. It's not much different than jumping out of a plane, the first time is fun!

6. jureal

jureal Senior Member

I am so glad that they got into the fish esp. after the cancelled trip last week. Just sorry that I could not make this one.... too close to the holidays.

7. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

If you want me to give a report I will or someone else could do it. Here's a tease picture. Guess what happened. Also we caught some big tuna. They were very stubborn and some one was accused of using to much drag.:D

Attached Files:

8. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

C'mon Mr. Bill....

Give us the report....it has to be a good one!

I'm wondering if you had a fill of bran, fiber, taquitos, hamburgers, hard boiled eggs, beer, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before and during the trip....lol.

9. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

C'mon Mr. Bill....

Give us the report....it has to be a good one!

I'm wondering if you had a fill of bran, fiber, taquitos, hamburgers, hard boiled eggs, beer, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before and during the trip....lol.

I took it easy on the fiber. But, I'm telling you, I was in pain for almost 18 hours. If fact, as I was driving home I realized that was why I didn't do a lot of things I wanted to do on this trip. It's such a long run that we only fished for 13 hours. Very little jigging was attempted with two 90 to 105 pounders caught on noodle sticks with a simple jig. I'm going to bed.

10. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Glad yall got into them.. looking forward to reading the report.. Just got in from the Mav's game.. Mr Bill using too much drag????? I guess you broke one off???

11. awesum

awesum Senior Member

The Pelican out of Deep Sea Headquarters got back in with around 22 very nice yellowfin tuna...in the 100 lb. range.

Wasn't this the Gulf Eagle?

John left for Costa Rica on the 18th and there wasn't supposed to be another 48 hr. charter on the Pelican until Tuna Seis in January.

Maybe they just decided to take the Pelican instead since it has bunks.

12. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Wow! Another great trip on the Pelican with Captain John. I wish I wasn't stuck up here in East Texas crappie land.

Congrats on a great trip.