360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m hoping to get out south of Block this weekend to try trolling for bluefin, backup plan is to chum up some sharks. My question is, will bluefin come into a ground bunker chum slick when drifting? should I therefore keep a line or two with mono leaders out under the floats or just run wire for sharks? Bait would likely be fresh mackerel chunks/ filets. I understand that anchored up and chunking would likely be better but that isn’t what I’m asking 😉

any help would be appreciated.
Timmy

·
Registered
1 Posts
A lot of old timers used to chunk for Tuna, I think years back there were less sharks around and as a result as soon a you put the baits out and started chumming you didn't instantly get bit off. I don't hear a lot people doing this anymore for Tuna, but I am North of the Cape, so not sure the quantity of sharks you guys are dealing with South of Block.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A lot of old timers used to chunk for Tuna, I think years back there were less sharks around and as a result as soon a you put the baits out and started chumming you didn't instantly get bit off. I don't hear a lot people doing this anymore for Tuna, but I am North of the Cape, so not sure the quantity of sharks you guys are dealing with South of Block.
I’ve seen boats out there chunking at anchor so I know that’s doable, I’m just unsure about drifting And using ground chum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts