1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FROM BLOODY DECKS ...

Certified weight: 10.12 kg. = 22 lb. 5 oz
Length: 29.4 inches
Location caught: Lake Biwa, Japan

This was just on the TV news about an hour ago, so this is all the info I have. Mr. Okamura, the president of Deps Tackle Co., helped with the interview; I did not catch the anglers name.

We are well past the spawning season when most of the giants are caught at Lake Biwa; most of the fish now are quiet slender (after spawn condition). Not this one!

Congrats to the angler on a fine catch.

Lake Biwa shocked the bass world a couple years ago by producing a bass that was well over 18 pounds (The Japan record was caught at Lake Ikehara, and weighted over 19 pounds.).

A 25 lb. bass was caught as by catch in a fisherman's net earlier this year, so many thought it would be just a matter of time before a record size fish was taken from Japan's largest (over 70 miles long) natural lake.

Attachments

·
2,753 Posts
LOL they didnt reveal that the fish was caught on megabass rods right? it will turn into another buy all sell all!

imagine a 30 incher from Japan!

·
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its gonna blow up

its looks like somone stuffed it for thanksgiving dinner

·
2,024 Posts
if that had been caught over here in the states.. it would have been worth over a million dollars in sponsor endorsements ;) There is a group out there targeting nothing but giants... not me! i dont have the time to be picky! give me a dozen 5 pounders in a day and I will be happy as a springtime toadfrog!

·
2,835 Posts
It looks like someone crammed a water hose in his arse and filled him up.:)
Somethings wrong with that Japan ruler. I take it as 7 3/4".:)

I haven't caught a bass in many, many, many years. To be honest, I don't know the difference between a small, medium, large or extra large mouth bass. I've probably only caught about a half dozen in my life. I did however catch a 14 pound bass out of a South Texas stock tank when I was around 10 years old. I think my mother still might have a picture of me holding it before my Father put it in the frying pan.

·
2,024 Posts
fried many a bass in my lifetime from ponds and local lakes. :) i like them from the cold months when the water temp is in the 50's though. too many parasites in freshwater.. yuck! crappie is a different story though.. I can eat twice my weight in fried crappie ;) LOL!!

·
2,835 Posts
Why in the world would anyone eat a fish named "Crappie"?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts