New tuna reel!! Woo Hoooo!!!!

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by SkeeterRonnie, Dec 28, 2006.

1. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

Minnows just came by work and dropped off the Tiagra16!!!! WOW!! This will be the replacement for the 4/0 I was looking at...... YEAH!!!! Now to do a little rod shopping...... have my bid in on a 50 SDS right now too!!! This IS FREAKIN FUN!!!!! Definately a little motivation to make some changes starting Jan 2,2007 !!!! Mo Money, Mo Money, Mo Money!!! :D

BTW-- nice Baker topless frame I got with the Tiagra too.... a little strength modifications and its ON!

Thank you TJ !!

2. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

SR,

It might be a good idea to up grade the drag with carbontek and Black market up grade kit.

3. Mitchw123456

Mitchw123456 Senior Member

You said you had a bid on an SDS so I assume your watching ebay? Keep an eye out for e-tackle, my last 4 avets I bought came from this guy (along with numerous other items) He gets blem reels all the time (if money is an issue) my sds I bought from him I got for either $425 or 450 and it had a small scratch on the side plate and I ended up getting another LX from him that I have yet to actually find the blemish on it. Just keep an eye out and make some offers and you can get some really good deals from him.

4. SkeeterRonnie

thanks Mitch.. actually I have been watching his auctions too.. I kinda hope the one I bid on gets outbid.. I have a wierd feeling about the reel. the seller and his reputation looks 100%, but .... for$400 even if I have to replace the drags... i guess it would be worth it.

TJ. I like tinkering with my reels. I will definately open it up and check her out. Carbonfibers go in all my reels now (offshore) that arent stock. I will check the belleville (sp?) washers,too. lol.

5. SkeeterRonnie

6. Jason_L

Jason_L Guest

Wonder why he didn't put a pic of the front of it,seems like alot of people want to see it.

7. SkeeterRonnie

thats what worries me.... his other reel has a pic of the front.. the box says 50wide(he says is a narrow)... its a risk I think I can take... I know its a 50/2 speed narrow with a topless frame... so that would work for me anyways. I dont think( dont know much about the SDS model) it would be topless without being considered a SDS. Hopefully the front isnt busted or scratched... he reputation is 100% with no negative feedback.... so I continued my bid.

8. Jason_L

Jason_L Guest

Ya he had what 50 sells? Just thought it was odd that he left that one pic out of the 7 he took,lol. You can always pay paypal and backcharge his butt if he is misleading you in anyway.

9. SkeeterRonnie

always use paypal specifically for that purpose.... protection.

Speaking of protection... anyone wanna free knife???!!!! Decided to clean the mud off my boots with my pocketknife last night before heading to Bass Pro. the knife decided it didnt feel like staying in the locked posistion... My little finger was brave enough to try and show the knife who was boss.... my finger lost! ( little meat and skin to go with it).... [​IMG]

10. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

It looks like you could fill that hole with a 3/8 ounce egg sinker. You're going to have a dimple in that finger for many years. That red meat has me in the mood for a rare hamburger steak. I think I'll go eat lunch now before heading to the coast. Sunday looks great for a blue water day.

I wouldn't suck on that finger much over the next couple of weeks.

11. Bret

Bret Senior Member

didnt your mama teach you not to play with knives????? ouch.. I had my case sodbuster close on me one day and nearly cut the end off of my index finger.

12. SkeeterRonnie

SO MUCH FOR PICKING MY NOSE FOR A FEW WEEKS!! man this stinks... when it first happened I could see the white fat down in there... I was the only one home last night.. so I got to run around and play doctor...LOL!! no gauze... found some paper towels and duct tape!! Mans best friend! got it wrapped and went to CVS pharmacy to get the iodine, gauze and tape... that iodine HURT like heck pouring over the open wound... WOWZERS!!! got it wrapped up in the parking lot, then went on to Bass Pro to check out some fishing junk!

13. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

see how married life has changed you already. you never worried about cleaning your boots before you got married.....lol.........rick

14. Bazztex

Bazztex Senior Member

SkR

Reminds me of the cut I got at work a couple of weeks ago. I was helping a Co-worker get a 350# 7ft long complete 414 Cessna nose section out of the crate.

My hand slipped and went right thru the windshield defrost vent which broke off in my hand. Cut my finger about an inch long and 1/8" deep. Wraped it up with paper towle and masking tape. Told my Boss I didn't have time to bleed and continued to uncrate parts.

Bazz

15. SkeeterRonnie

LOL!! Rick... I didnt want the dirt falling off in my truck... I actually cleaned it back before the wedding... that doesnt happen too often...lol... Guess you cold say the marraige was the root cause...lol..

Bazz- yep. I didnt have time to bleed either. I was heading to Bass Pro- wrapped it up, headed to the pharmacy. Got the stuff and cleaned it off in the parking lot, rewrapped it and went to Bass Pro... lol.

It looks pretty good now, keeping the iodine on it and changing out dressing a few times a day. It has graduated to "band aids" now...lol. I was in Bedford on saturday on stopped by to say HI to Bret. Got to see his knife scar on his hand too... lol.. Got myself some xmas trees to sink as well from the drop off... Gotta have some crappie brushpiles to pass the time while I am dreaming of Tunas stripping off yards and yards of line...