New to this board

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by jakers, Apr 9, 2009.

1. jakers

jakers Guest

Just wanted to say I am glad to have found this board. It seems like the guys here know whats up. Good reports, great photos and no questions like: How far is it to the floaters and can I make it im my 24' bay boat.

Here are a few photos of our stuff.
    Pictures by markglassmeyer - Photobucket

Look forward to getting to know some of you.

2. nxtbgctch

nxtbgctch Senior Member

Welcome! I found it not too long ago too. Lots of good technical info. Some of it buried deep in the search function.

nxtbgctch

AKA

Toledo

3. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

nice catches. welcome to the forum. this is a great site with endless amount of info.

4. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

I don't think I would try to make it to the floaters without a mothership. There is plenty of fun to be had within 30 miles of coast. Not worth your life. I have seen clear forecast days turn sour faster than you can outrun.

just my opinion though. Wait until the shrimp trawlers start up in early summer, that will put some nice game within reach.

Welcome to the forum!!

5. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

24' bay boat = don't be crazy!
    24' Deep V w/ Twins = maybe, but you gotta pick a real solid day during a traditionally calm month for the gulf, like July and be prepared for anything, ie. get XM Weather capability, satellite phone, float plan, etc.

Welcome to the forum!! Nice pics!

6. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

i think he is referring to some of the typical questions like on 2coolfishing. ive seen plenty of those questions there

7. TK_82

TK_82 Senior Member

welcome jakers... awesome pix by da way.this fishing forum is DA place 2 be! the amount of info youl'll find here will have u sayin "dang sun's up already!?"

8. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

welcome to the site. it's nice to have another tunahead onboard. just beware that i am one of those dumb asses that use to fish 100 miles offshore in a 22ft boat. i have since come to my senses am now fish 150 miles offshore in a 28ft boat....lol.....rick

9. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Hey Jakers, Welcome aboard.. nice tuna pics!

10. rhale

rhale Senior Member

Welcome to 360, great pics. You will find that this board does not have alot of the BS and if you ever want to know anything about gear, this is the place.

11. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Welcome aboard

12. jakers

jakers Guest

Thank you all for the kind welcome. Look forward to getting to know yall.

Hale, will you take me sword fishing? I will scrub the barnicles off your boat for a year if we catch one!

Hey TK 82 I see your from Carlsbad. I used to do alot of surfing down your way. I have a friend from collage named Geno Burnett (surfer) that lives in Carlsbad. I have lost track of his # so if you cross paths ( I know its a small town) tell him to look me up here. I heard he has a big sport fisher now so it might be good for both of us to find him.

13. jakers

jakers Guest

24' bay boat = don't be crazy!
    24' Deep V w/ Twins = maybe, but you gotta pick a real solid day during a traditionally calm month for the gulf, like July and be prepared for anything, ie. get XM Weather capability, satellite phone, float plan, etc.

Welcome to the forum!! Nice pics!

Thanks for the advice. I actually do have a 24' bay boat and I am a little crazy. Now you got me thinking. Main tank + two 30 gal drums no problem. You know, I have heard John Meeks crossed the gulf in a john boat.

For now, I will stick with the 33T it knows the way there pretty well. Only problem is it does not like to come back.

14. kenner21

kenner21 Member

Nice to see you over here Mark.