360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
804 Posts
I don't think I would try to make it to the floaters without a mothership. There is plenty of fun to be had within 30 miles of coast. Not worth your life. I have seen clear forecast days turn sour faster than you can outrun.

just my opinion though. Wait until the shrimp trawlers start up in early summer, that will put some nice game within reach.

Welcome to the forum!!

·
4,723 Posts
24' bay boat = don't be crazy!
24' Deep V w/ Twins = maybe, but you gotta pick a real solid day during a traditionally calm month for the gulf, like July and be prepared for anything, ie. get XM Weather capability, satellite phone, float plan, etc.

Welcome to the forum!! Nice pics!

G

·
welcome to the site. it's nice to have another tunahead onboard. just beware that i am one of those dumb asses that use to fish 100 miles offshore in a 22ft boat. i have since come to my senses am now fish 150 miles offshore in a 28ft boat....lol.....rick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for the kind welcome. Look forward to getting to know yall.

Hale, will you take me sword fishing? I will scrub the barnicles off your boat for a year if we catch one!

Hey TK 82 I see your from Carlsbad. I used to do alot of surfing down your way. I have a friend from collage named Geno Burnett (surfer) that lives in Carlsbad. I have lost track of his # so if you cross paths ( I know its a small town) tell him to look me up here. I heard he has a big sport fisher now so it might be good for both of us to find him.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
24' bay boat = don't be crazy!
24' Deep V w/ Twins = maybe, but you gotta pick a real solid day during a traditionally calm month for the gulf, like July and be prepared for anything, ie. get XM Weather capability, satellite phone, float plan, etc.

Welcome to the forum!! Nice pics!

Thanks for the advice. I actually do have a 24' bay boat and I am a little crazy. Now you got me thinking. Main tank + two 30 gal drums no problem. You know, I have heard John Meeks crossed the gulf in a john boat.

For now, I will stick with the 33T it knows the way there pretty well. Only problem is it does not like to come back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.