360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to NC and am living in Rockingham, NC. I am olso a new boat owner.:D I want to do some fishing out of the Willmington and Atlantic Beach areas. I am fishing a 31' Fountain CC. I grew up fishing out of Alabama mostly bottom fishing. I am wondering how far of a run I will have to catch Tuna, Wahoo, Amberjack, ext.:confused: Any Advice would be a great help. I am also looking to install two 2 Lowrance LCX 113 with a shoot through the hull transducer. Is it worth the extra money for a thru hull 1kw ducer? Thanks for the advice

·
726 Posts
Batt3669,
Welcome to 360 and welcome to N.C.!
There are a few of us from N.C. here.To answer your questions, if you want Yellowfin fish out of Atlantic Beach,if you want BIG amberjack fish out of Wilmington, for Wahoo both areas catch some very nice Wahoo, but Atlantic Beach is a shorter ride but with a 31' Fountain it will not take long from either port.
If I were you I would skip the 'shoot thru the hull' transducer and go with the 'thru-hull" transducer.
I run a marina down here in Wilmington and if you need advice or want to talk 'Pro's and Con's' about transducers let me know.
Once again, Welcome to 360, I feel it is the best fishing forum on the internet.
David

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you are right I was worried about positioning the Shoot thru. If you have a recomendation on which one I need and how to split it to run with both monitors. I am going to work on mounting my monitors and some electrical stuff this weekend. If your marina has a website send me the link. Thanks again for the advise. I am look forward to getting down that way!
I have already gotten good tips for jigging I just wish I could afford the stuff I read about!

·
5,457 Posts
I think you are right I was worried about positioning the Shoot thru. If you have a recomendation on which one I need and how to split it to run with both monitors. I am going to work on mounting my monitors and some electrical stuff this weekend. If your marina has a website send me the link. Thanks again for the advise. I am look forward to getting down that way!
I have already gotten good tips for jigging I just wish I could afford the stuff I read about!

Airmar makes ducers for all the manufactures. Here is a link to the ones offered for a Raymarine in thru hull. http://www.airmartechnology.com/airmar2005/ex20/RMProducts/OpenData.asp Im going with a shoot thru hull because on my cat theirs very little space on either of my hulls that dont touch the trailer.

As far as putting it on two monitors, you will likely need a black box or if one is an actually bottom machine you should have an NMEA out put to run to the monitor.

d-a

1 - 4 of 4 Posts