New Suffix Depthfinder Line

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by BretABaker, Dec 9, 2008.

1. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

2. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Any idea on what the mono equiv. diameters are? I have been thinking about spooling one of my jigging setups with depth line but really I am pretty good at knowing about how deep I am...

3. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

Any idea on what the mono equiv. diameters are? I have been thinking about spooling one of my jigging setups with depth line but really I am pretty good at knowing about how deep I am...

i'd assume the same as most braids. 80lb is approx 20lb mono.

i got close to 400yds of OTI 80lb on my Ocea 4000P.

4. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

I would like to know what the dye process is and has it changed from the original shipment of their braid, which was horrible. I was on the prostaff and could get it for free and still wouldn't use it after the first try.

The do mono better than anyone though. Both Superior and invisaline flouro leader.

5. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

if suffix is reading and wants to sponsor me for a trip im game ;)

6. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

I would like to know what the dye process is and has it changed from the original shipment of their braid, which was horrible. I was on the prostaff and could get it for free and still wouldn't use it after the first try.

The do mono better than anyone though. Both Superior and invisaline flouro leader.
    original shipment of this braid or of their regular braid?

7. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

I used the regular braid. Since its the multicolor, I am assuming that the dyeing process used for this is different.

8. Jesse Lockowitz

Jesse Lockowitz Member

I used the regular braid. Since its the multicolor, I am assuming that the dyeing process used for this is different.

in my experiences with suffix braid, i wont ever use/buy it again.

i got 2 1200yrd spools for $20 each this year from someone, and i wouldnt buy anymore suffix braid for 5$ a spool.

just dont like it, ill stick w/ oti depth, and i still really, really like power pro and have never had it fail on me.

but i will agree with jim, the very few times i use mono anymore, its always suffix, either tri, or superior.

Jesse

9. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

suffix makes strong braid. it is also pretty thick too. the color does bleed though. maybe more american line companies will follow suit.

10. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

in my experiences with suffix braid, i wont ever use/buy it again.

i got 2 1200yrd spools for $20 each this year from someone, and i wouldnt buy anymore suffix braid for 5$ a spool.

just dont like it, ill stick w/ oti depth, and i still really, really like power pro and have never had it fail on me.

but i will agree with jim, the very few times i use mono anymore, its always suffix, either tri, or superior.

Jesse

I have sufix braid on all my reels, I have never had issues with any of them. All colored braids will fade eventually through wear and tear, I guess some higher priced ones stay colorful longer? Their original performance braid is priced well for its performance. Jesse, curious what happened to your sufix braid that u paid $20/1200 spool?

11. Jesse Lockowitz

Jesse Lockowitz Member

I have sufix braid on all my reels, I have never had issues with any of them. All colored braids will fade eventually through wear and tear, I guess some higher priced ones stay colorful longer? Their original performance braid is priced well for its performance. Jesse, curious what happened to your sufix braid that u paid $20/1200 spool?

i got that line from a wholesaler.

its never broke on me or anything, i just do not like it, and like other braids better.

Jesse