New Shimano Saragosa spinners!

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by DeepBlueGulf, Jan 12, 2008.

1. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

Hey guys,

I was looking at the Shimano forumn on another board and saw a post from the Shimano rep about some new saltwater spinners. Here is the link:

2CoolFishing - New Saltwater Spinning reels and accessory kit

Alot of folks are always looking for entry level spinners, prefering not to spend their money on a Stella right away, and the new Saragosa models, the big ones, look like they could be a great reel that is priced right. 44lbs of drag and only $299, with alot of the Stella style features. The Spheros is also listed and the big ones also get 44lbs of drag, at under $200.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass the info along.

Tom - DBG

Attached Files:

2. awesum

awesum Senior Member

Thanks Tom .... good info.

I have a Spheros 14000 that I upgraded with carbon fiber drag washers that handled the yellowfins pretty well on our last trip. I don't have the specs on it in front of me but I noticed that the new 14000s were a little pricier. I'd like to find out a little more about them.

I've got two spinners that seem to be working for me now so a new one will have to wait until I break one of these. I'm no tackle Ho .... ya know. :rolleyes:

3. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

i think Shitmano finally decided to put some carbon fibers in the larger spheros... LOL!!

4. Atlantaking

Atlantaking Member

While the new Saragosa looks interesting, does anyone feel funny about their "max drag numbers"? I'm not sure I believe those numbers considering a Trini or Saltiga conventional doesn't put out that much drag, even with the mondo drag washers under their main gears. How much max drag does a Stella or Saltiga spinner get? :confused:

5. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I don't see a Saragosa in my future. I'm sticking with the proven ones. Is the Saragosa replacing the Sustain?

Sometimes it's hard to pass on a great deal. Yesterday afternoon I was searching on ebay and found a just listed "Buy it Now" brand new Accurate Twinspin 30.
    I don't need it, but I couldn't resist the price and the seller had good feedback. He's got a couple of more great deals on Accurate reels. I might pull the trigger again today. Sold for: US $659.95

6. DeepBlueGulf

I don't know how much drag you can get out of a Trini, but the Ocea Jiggers, basicaly the Trini 40 Narrow do put out over 40lbs of drag.

Here is a sheet on the Stellas:

Attached Files:

7. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Any news on when the saragosa will be available? I would liek to put my hands on one and compare it to a stella in person.

8. DeepBlueGulf

You might ask when they will be available on the 2Cool Shimano Forum. Bantam1 could answer that question.

DBG

9. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Supposedly a new stella will be available in March. I am patiently waiting.