New Shimano Blue Rose Jigging Rod (Japan)

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by gman, Sep 7, 2008.

1. gman

gman Senior Member

Well all I can say is thank god we have a company like Anglers Pro Shop here stateside to bring us the newest gear or we would all be jigging with Trevalas I am amazed at how much quality tackle they have every time i am there the best part about it is it is like a family there. They actually had customers in from Brazil just to stop and say hi. Speaks Volumes about there commitment to our sport.

Speaking of Shimano, I was both surprised and astonished about the changes Shimano made in its Japanese Blue Rose rods. When Sami told me about 2 months ago that the newer versions were out and they were super sweet I was reluctant to believe it as I owned the previous versions and I found it to be too heavy and bulky and soon after buying it I sold it.

I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS A FACTORY ROD!!

I love Hots Rods, I am a Hots guy as I owned the 48XXH and the 52EX, however I needed to purchase this new Shimano Rod ... just because!!

The newer versions are without out a doubt the most beautifully crafted rod I have ever seen. Bar none! I don't know how it will fish yet but the early indications are it will be a hit. The whole rod screams style and looks as though it was made by a high end designer.

The butt section is very different and comfortable the exposed blank between the grips is totally Iridescence Blue and bold, the fore grip is ribbed (for your pleasure only ha ha) at every grip section there are winding checks to finish it off. The wrapping and finishes around the guides are very detailed and bold.

When you initially get the rod bent it screams backbone but with a light side. I feel they have taken a lot of the weight out of the rod so I will be testing this rod out in Wilmington next month.To finish it off they have a great mesh/sold rod wrap to protect your investment a nice finishing touch to a high end purchase. The cost of teh rod was around $470

Stay tuned to a report from the battlefield

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff77/gkrosss/screencapture008-9.jpg

2. ty2philly

ty2philly Senior Member

Glenn,

That is a nice looking rod. Funny model name "inbreed".
    I look forward to reading your Jigfest III report on how well the rod stood up to those Reef Donkeys.

Ty

3. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

hey glenn, how would you compare the action and strength to your hots rod.
    almost too pretty to fish with

4. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

GMAN, will the flared butt fit in standard size rod holders? It's hard to tell by looking at the pictures. Looking forward to your first report.

Thanks!

5. gman

gman Senior Member

hey glenn, how would you compare the action and strength to your hots rod.
    almost too pretty to fish with

Nice gator gar BTW just saw that today. Steep is an understatement on the boat launch!! It doesnt bend as far back as the Hots less parabolic but seems to have a decent backbone. We will see how it does it NC next month

6. gman

gman Senior Member

GMAN, will the flared butt fit in standard size rod holders? It's hard to tell by looking at the pictures. Looking forward to your first report.

Thanks!

yes should fit fine keep in mind that most of the Japanese rods have no gimbal so it needs to be used with a belt with no gimble pin

7. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

yes should fit fine keep in mind that most of the Japanese rods have no gimbal so it needs to be used with a belt with no gimble pin

thats why i like my tuna max belt. with or without gimbal

8. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

That's a nice looking rod Glenn. First class on the finish out. What drag pressure do you think the rod will handle?

I understand Shimano's thinking about not putting on a gimbal, but
    I don't like the way a rod rides in a rod holder without a gimbal. All my rods have gimbals. If it doesn't come with one, it's added. A removable rubber cup can always be added to the gimbal if you don't like fishing with gimbals.

9. gman

gman Senior Member

Overseas it seems as though most rod manufactures make them without the gimble option. My belt is a Japanese belt so it works for me but would be a pain for most. I dont mind it now Im used to it.

As for drag Im thinking mid 20#'s to 30#'s. I opted for the longer version so it slighter but the 48 is a BEAST. We will see when I go back to NC again in search of my century AJ.

10. VaRandy

VaRandy Site Sponsor

Where can I find high end components like the aluminum winding checks and the ribbed foregrip shown on their unit?

11. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

Nice gator gar BTW just saw that today. Steep is an understatement on the boat launch!! It doesnt bend as far back as the Hots less parabolic but seems to have a decent backbone. We will see how it does it NC next month

thanks, i wanted to get a blue rose 4815 but i remembered you saying it was a broomstick, and paul at aps said it was really heavy. im glad the new series is lighter. now im probably gonna pull the trigger on one soon! time to punish some aj's! see ya soon. brian

12. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

Where can I find high end components like the aluminum winding checks and the ribbed foregrip shown on their unit?
    merrick has them ..about 2-4$..fore grip may be a little more
    you should be able to pimp a rod for about 15$
    the ribbed fore grip..just use a piece of sandpaper and do groves..

13. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Glenn, is it better than Trevala ? :)

14. gman

gman Senior Member

ha ha ha ha well maybe just by a little bit

15. gman

gman Senior Member

That's a nice looking rod Glenn. First class on the finish out. What drag pressure do you think the rod will handle?

I understand Shimano's thinking about not putting on a gimbal, but
    I don't like the way a rod rides in a rod holder without a gimbal. All my rods have gimbals. If it doesn't come with one, it's added. A removable rubber cup can always be added to the gimbal if you don't like fishing with gimbals.

Mr Bill, hope your boat will be OK, I just switched out my rod for the 4815 now that Im going to hunt for cows in PV in October. What a rod, the heavier versions have a gimbal and are made for heavy heavy drag. A little short for me but I will try it out