New Saltists

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by hamptonsurf, Jun 27, 2009.

1. hamptonsurf

hamptonsurf Senior Member

I was looking for a 2 speed saltist a while ago (as in before Daiwa made them) and am excited that they are out. I like the black ones, but i can't stand the light blue spool and handle n the other.

On a more crucial level, does anyone else think the handle looks like a piece of #[email protected]&%? Looks like the foam would just peel off or crumble. Do we know if anyone is making a simpler knob for these yet? I am wondering if I can just buy some regular handled from the older saltists and swap them out.

2. hamptonsurf

How do you think these will compare with the Avets? I was looking at a few of the Avets to see if I could come up with something slong the line capacty of the Saltist 30 (350 yds of 65lb braid). I just think 2 speed is a sweet advntage.

3. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

You might be able to swap them out for a JM handle, ask Kil for a baby blue one, LOL. I'm sure they are good performers and workhorses like their predecessors so you should be good with them!

4. hamptonsurf

I'm surprised they used a handle like that. I think the quirky colors are a little stupid these days. I keep all of my reels in silver/gunmetal/black/gold. Well, except for the purple avet I bought my wife as a piece offering for getting a new boat. She seems satisfied.