New popper bag

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by SpecialK, Aug 26, 2009.

1. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

I have been eying this bag in the bargain cave at cabelas in buda for quite a while now.
    They had it marked down from $60 to $50.

I ask every time I go in there if they can "do me any better".
    Today the kid working back there was like, yeah, how about 30 bucks?

I sat there for a second... I said if I buy both of them will you do it for 20 a piece, and he said yeah that'll work...

So Drifter and I have new popper bags.

The OTI komodos slide in just perfect with the belly hook in the right position. Actually everything I have fits fine accept a wombat.:(
    Hookless shibukis fit 2 in a tube, frezy fits 2 in a tube and baby runboh 2 in a tube.

The front flap has slots for about 16-20 jigs.

I think this bag will work out great when traveling light!

[​IMG]

2. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

3. Billiam

Billiam Moderator

If they have extras I would be interested for $20. :)

4. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

If they have extras I would be interested for $20. :)
    No kidding,
    They only had 2 and were discontinued, which means they won't carry them anymore.

I would check with some of the other bargain caves in different areas if anyone else is interested...

5. egluck

egluck Senior Member

How bad is it if your poppers/swimmers are a little scratched up from being kept loose in a bag (with hook covers of course)?

6. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

How bad is it if your poppers/swimmers are a little scratched up from being kept loose in a bag (with hook covers of course)?
    I have actually had more luck with "used" poppers... Could just be a coincedence though.

7. hamptonsurf

hamptonsurf Senior Member

makes no difference, i would go so far as to say that color really makes much less difference than many believe....why else would striped bass eat mahi mahi???

8. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

I think I paid 56 for mine.

I've been using it this season for stripers in the surf/jetty.

Doesnt fit the larger poppers though. like OTI wombat and and Cubera/Wahoo, and hammerhead poppers JUST FYI

I have the proper HPA popperstore from cmtackle guy peter...

9. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

That's what I noticed. The wombats don't fit. They are the only poppers I own that don't. I decided if I had to take wombats that will fit in the side compartment.
    Otherwise for jumping on somone elses boat, I can take this with roughly 11-12 casting lures in it and enough jigs for a trip. Then I just need another small bag with terminal and leader.
    I try to take as little as I can when traveling. Less for me to keep up with.