360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to try jigging with a spinner and have been patient. TJ told me that one of the new rods OTI was coming out with was a 5'6" 400g spinner. Well it arrived today and I'm pumped. I just feel more comfortable with the position and the way the reel balances right under my hand. I'm putting a Stella 20000 that I intend to spool with 80 Depthfinder (maybe 100?). The blank seems to have a lot of backbone and a tip flexible enough for heavy jigging. I can't wait to try this one out.
I think that I'll be able to jig with this combination a long time and have the power to handle anything the line will handle.

Fred

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dude, you did pull the trigger! Those are really nice rods. What reel are you putting on it? Don't tell me unless it starts with an "S" and ends in and "A"(twinspins excepted). I was thinking about that same rod for a while until I found out OTI was gonna come out with one. Happy I waited, mine looks like a capable rod.

Fred

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.