360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice bit of threadwork there mate. Q, why NZ?
i just just picked 2 letters for a new model,
now i need to come up with a name for the letters.:D

actually the letters NZ are the same, as are the first 2 guides on the rod.:D :D

·
218 Posts
That looks great, For some reason we dont see a lot of detailed weaving on jigging rods downunder. Mainly reserved for game rods here.

If you have trouble with the line going onto the spool (one side) try placing the second guide about 10deg to the right and it will help it center a little better.
Kojak and Synit have been using a similar style for some time. From a blank designers veiw I like this particular style as I think it spreads the load a bit smoother than say the bump style but it does depend on the action of the blank. We have another Chap, KillerKustoms who always uses the "bump" on Xzogas which seems to suit their action well.

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks great, For some reason we dont see a lot of detailed weaving on jigging rods downunder. Mainly reserved for game rods here.

If you have trouble with the line going onto the spool (one side) try placing the second guide about 10deg to the right and it will help it center a little better.
Kojak and Synit have been using a similar style for some time. From a blank designers veiw I like this particular style as I think it spreads the load a bit smoother than say the bump style but it does depend on the action of the blank. We have another Chap, KillerKustoms who always uses the "bump" on Xzogas which seems to suit their action well.
i will do some testing.
i have seen piccs of kojaks rods they are nice.

havent seen the Xzogas how are they.

i am always looking for new blanks to build, and promote:D

·
218 Posts
They are virtually 100% carbon with a thick wall. The ones I have seen are very parabolic considering their carbon content but they are made on a slower taper mandrel than the Venoms.
xzoga

Going off their max drag settings they must have some grunt and they are light.

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are virtually 100% carbon with a thick wall. The ones I have seen are very parabolic considering their carbon content but they are made on a slower taper mandrel than the Venoms.
xzoga

sound pretty nice.
they are thick walled in the pic.

·
1,366 Posts
xzoga

I would be curious to know how that compare to their newer Black Buster rod.

Ty

·
1,366 Posts
Only one way to find out Ty :D . One blank that I regret when I let her go was my custom Taka G 54 , men that was a super light rod with a great action. Xzoga does some pretty nice works. JMO

Anthony,

Tackle-Whoredom here I come! hahaha
Good thing I just started a new higher paying job to feed this addiction.

I am thinking about the 300g spinner version of the Black Buster. I have your Taka G 500g, and its higher rated than the fish I plan to target. However the artwork you did to it looks great and have an incredible strong parabolic feel to it.

With all the options out there I don't mind trying out some of the lessor known products.

Ty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts