New NZ style jigger

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by paul708, Nov 24, 2009.

1. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

This is our new Model, the NZ
    great new look.
    just ask for the NZ, done by request only.
    doesnt cost more just looks different:D :D

Attached Files:

2. saqa

saqa Jonny TooBad

Nice bit of threadwork there mate. Q, why NZ?

3. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

Nice bit of threadwork there mate. Q, why NZ?
    i just just picked 2 letters for a new model,
    now i need to come up with a name for the letters.:D

actually the letters NZ are the same, as are the first 2 guides on the rod.:D :D

4. Nev

Nev Senior Member

That looks great, For some reason we dont see a lot of detailed weaving on jigging rods downunder. Mainly reserved for game rods here.

If you have trouble with the line going onto the spool (one side) try placing the second guide about 10deg to the right and it will help it center a little better.
    Kojak and Synit have been using a similar style for some time. From a blank designers veiw I like this particular style as I think it spreads the load a bit smoother than say the bump style but it does depend on the action of the blank. We have another Chap, KillerKustoms who always uses the "bump" on Xzogas which seems to suit their action well.

5. silky23

silky23 Senior Member

Very nice Paul, as usual :)

6. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

If you have trouble with the line going onto the spool (one side) try placing the second guide about 10deg to the right and it will help it center a little better.

Paul can do those also by request. Thats exactly how he just built my new one. But I want one with double strippers, just because I don't have one :)

7. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

That looks great, For some reason we dont see a lot of detailed weaving on jigging rods downunder. Mainly reserved for game rods here.

Kojak and Synit have been using a similar style for some time. From a blank designers veiw I like this particular style as I think it spreads the load a bit smoother than say the bump style but it does depend on the action of the blank. We have another Chap, KillerKustoms who always uses the "bump" on Xzogas which seems to suit their action well.
    i will do some testing.
    i have seen piccs of kojaks rods they are nice.

havent seen the Xzogas how are they.

i am always looking for new blanks to build, and promote:D

8. Nev

Nev Senior Member

They are virtually 100% carbon with a thick wall. The ones I have seen are very parabolic considering their carbon content but they are made on a slower taper mandrel than the Venoms.
    xzoga

Going off their max drag settings they must have some grunt and they are light.

9. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

They are virtually 100% carbon with a thick wall. The ones I have seen are very parabolic considering their carbon content but they are made on a slower taper mandrel than the Venoms.
    xzoga

sound pretty nice.
    they are thick walled in the pic.

10. ty2philly

ty2philly Senior Member

xzoga

I would be curious to know how that compare to their newer Black Buster rod.

Ty

11. Nev

Nev Senior Member

12. ty2philly

ty2philly Senior Member

Only one way to find out Ty :D . One blank that I regret when I let her go was my custom Taka G 54 , men that was a super light rod with a great action. Xzoga does some pretty nice works. JMO

Anthony,

Tackle-Whoredom here I come! hahaha
    Good thing I just started a new higher paying job to feed this addiction.

I am thinking about the 300g spinner version of the Black Buster. I have your Taka G 500g, and its higher rated than the fish I plan to target. However the artwork you did to it looks great and have an incredible strong parabolic feel to it.

With all the options out there I don't mind trying out some of the lessor known products.

Ty