New Metal Senator Series

Discussion in 'Reels' started by fishr1989, Feb 5, 2008.

1. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

Penn has finally done away with the graphite sideplates of the the senator. you no longer have to go for the tiburon upgrade to get a full metal senator

they now have the same frame design as the torque with the ISP frame

Cabela's -- Penn® Metal Senator® Reel

2. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

Senator's have their place - but i'd just as soon buy an older one for that price.

3. bunile

bunile Senior Member

SO it won't work as an "upgrade kit"to an old h113 ? In other words its not the same as the old graphite frames,... only " metal " instead of graphite material. But; they are called the same name ? ... I want to upgrade an old 113h,( but I can buy a baja special for the same price) ... so far my 113h is still original, and it's never let me down, but it's just kind of a large sized reel that isn't as strong as some smaller ones that I have (DIAWA SALTIST 40 for example) Any good suggestion as to make this reel better or just leave it as is since it's o.k. anyway ?

4. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

charkbait has the Baja specials for 190 since penn is going to stop making them this year.

the new senators only have one sideplate seperate from the reel, where the old ones used to be 2 sideplates and the frame. newell also makes a conversion kit for your reel to change the sideplates and i think the frame as well to all be metal

5. bunile

bunile Senior Member

I think I'll just wait untill I break it, ..... if that ever happens.