New Jigging Reel by Jigging Master

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by ksong, Feb 4, 2009.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I got an e-mail that new Jigging Master jigging reels are finally available. It looks very fancy. They say the max drag is 27 lbs and the size is similar to Accurate 870.
    I'll get more detailed info soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Looks like the blue heaven reel

3. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

How Much, does it have instant antireverse and does it have double dog gear backup?

4. hstsw

hstsw Senior Member

Black color reel look good

5. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

I second rtran, sure looks like Blue Heaven from Studio Ocean Mark.

6. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Looks like the blue heaven reel
    Blue Heaven came out after extentive field testing.
    They must see some merit of Blue Heaven handles as JM is not new to custom handles and the new reel has similar looks of Bue Heaven handle.

7. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

Kil, please let us know how well this reel performs. We all know you are notorious for testing reels to their breaking point. :D

8. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Kil, please let us know how well this reel performs. We all know you are notorious for testing reels to their breaking point. :D
    I am not going to sell before I test it. :)
    I don't worry about strength of the reel, free spool or weight. I'd like to see how they solve the binding problem on high drag. Nobody fish extensively with Accurate 870 or 665 than JM guys. I expect the new JM jigging reel perform better than Accurate 870/665 as they know postive and negative things of 870/665.

9. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i wonder why they put the clicker on the reel....maybe just in case you want to use it with bait?

did they tell you why they made this as a lever drag instead of star drag reel?

10. hstsw

hstsw Senior Member

Bret - the clicker is also useful to keep the spool from free spinning around.
    I normally store my reel with drag release / I use the clicker to keep the reel from spinning

11. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

Black color reel look good

You know you want one.

12. hstsw

hstsw Senior Member

You know you want one.
    My "got to have it" attitude is controllable for now - tempting - so glad Kil haven't test it yet so he won't sell it :D
    Maybe "lordhell" buy it

13. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

i wonder why they put the clicker on the reel....maybe just in case you want to use it with bait?

did they tell you why they made this as a lever drag instead of star drag reel?
    As I said, they love Accurate reels for jigging and it is no wonder they make lever drag reels.
    I use clickers even for jigging. When I pull some lines out of reel for knot or other reasons, clickers are very useful. Otherwise I get backlash, especially when you use excellent free spool reels.

14. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

co vi - i too normally store reels with the clicker on....or with the ocea i put the spool lock on. :)

that makes sense if they are trying to make a reel based off of the accurate boss reels.

15. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Here is the description of new JM reel on JM site.

1.Equivalent between 197 and 870N, accessorized with bullet shape T-bar handle, weighted 520g (18.5 lbs)

2.With anti-reverse bearing plus docking system, excellent hand and construction. Accurate molded and highest quality washer, Max.15lb of drag at strike mode, over 25lb at full mode, smooth cranking till 27lb.

3.Remain the smoothness of cranking and drag power even dip the whole reel in salt water for seconds, the most progressive design for salt water fishing. Most unique concept for most severe circumstance

4.Gear ratio 1:4, arm length 93mm. bullet shape T-bar, sophisticated appearing, suit jigging rod from 100g to 300g, ideal for jigging within 80m of depth.

5.Line capacity:PE3 (450m), PE4(400m), PE5(350m)

The price $350, but I expect the price in the US a little higher.
    I am going to get one reel in a few days and I can't wait to test the reel.

16. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Very nice looking reel. Can't wait to hear your performance post on this reel, Kil.

17. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I just got a JM jigging reel today. It 2/0 size tiny reel, but has 27 max drag.
    Do you think it is good enough for 200 lbs bluefin ? :)
    I am going to test the reel for bluefin out of Cape May, NJ to see how the reel performs though there is good chances I can fight only 10 seconds due to line capacity problem. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

size comparison with Penn Int'l 965
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

Yep, it could be short and sweet.

19. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

WOW that reel is small, what is the capacity suppose to be?

20. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i think it looks good for canyon yellowfin and longfin - maybe bluefin up to about 100lbs :)

i know its supposed to be pe4, but how much pe5 does it hold? if it can get 250yds, it should be OK for most tuna.

2/0 reel is tiny. will you bring it to panama?