360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey boys has anyone fished the smith mejiyume SL jigs yet. i just got a 400gm and this thing is bad azz. i "might" have to put up my nagamasas for a little bit and try these most of the year. this is the nicest looking jig ive seen and have plenty of confidence in it. i cant believe i havent discovered this jig in this size earlier.will post a pic in the morning.
smith naga 400 and mejiyume 400

top view

bottom view

these pics do not give the jig justice. i am in love with this jig and havent even fished it yet.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
You might get them at Anglers Proshop.
Mejiume short jigs look very nice. The jigs are secret weapons for some, but you can not keep your secret forever. :)

·
5,457 Posts
Brian that jig has been around for a while, its an old school jig 555. The kings love em. I had 3 with me in Ala, but my whole jig bag was left in the truck.

d-a

G

·
You might get them at Anglers Proshop.
Mejiume short jigs look very nice. The jigs are secret weapons for some, but you can not keep your secret forever. :)

how long are the short jigs? short enough for tuna?? ;)

·
5,457 Posts
the SL hasnt been out that long though. i have the short jig.

Aps hasn't had them that long, but they have been around a year or 2

d-a

·
5,457 Posts
they are definitely new to me and i think these will kill many fish!

The do, I always have a few in my bag along with the naga, and the jitterbells.

d-a

·
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ahh the jitterbel, a highly underrated jig. i forgot about these. i need to stock up on the 420's. my goal this year is to use only a couple of jigs for all waters and species. ie naga 400, mejiyume SL 400, flat side, and drift tune. and jitterbel in the rigs.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
how long are the short jigs? short enough for tuna?? ;)

The jig is 158cm/210g jig. I handpicked them for tuna jigging. :)
Here is size comparison of jigs.

-240g Drift Tune
-Duel Tamentai jig
-Smith Mejiume jig
-8 oz hammerd diamond jig
-220 g Seven Sea's Hooker jig

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
ah yes, looks excellent for tuna :)

Is the Duel jig very expensive?
The Duel jig is about $19.
I just bought them for testing tuna.
This tiny lure is expensive though. It cost about $45 as it is hand cut lure.

G

·
is it as small as the flitz? i was shocked when you showed me how small that lure was.

make sure you dont drop that jig when bluefish are around!!! ;)

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
is it as small as the flitz? i was shocked when you showed me how small that lure was.

make sure you dont drop that jig when bluefish are around!!! ;)
This lure is a little bigger than Flitz lure.

·
88 Posts
The Duel jig is about $19.
I just bought them for testing tuna.
This tiny lure is expensive though. It cost about $45 as it is hand cut lure.

$45!! Holy $hit!! Don't want to fish that sucker around rigs. I wonder if I can market a lure made out of a smashed trolling sinker with a $20 bill wrapped around it. Or then again, maybe in my case I should make a lure made out of a pair of panties - they sure catch my eye and make me waste my money on 'em.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
$45!! Holy $hit!! Don't want to fish that sucker around rigs. I wonder if I can market a lure made out of a smashed trolling sinker with a $20 bill wrapped around it. Or then again, maybe in my case I should make a lure made out of a pair of panties - they sure catch my eye and make me waste my money on 'em.
Some Japanese jigs are $80. :eek: Funny thing is many jig fishermen don't hesitate to buy those expensive jigs when someone claims only those jigs worked on his trip. :)

·
1,025 Posts

Frank, spend $45 on beer, drink it, and melt the cans.

·
88 Posts
Frank, spend $45 on beer, drink it, and melt the cans.

It's a good strategy; I've been saving my cans for years. My beer can portfolio has outperformed my stock portfolio by 9.6% annualized yield over the last five years. I wish I had my 401k in beer cans. I had to quit saving cans, though, since the little woman moved in and is trying to make me more respectable. Apparently, having a huge pile of smashed beer cans in plastic bags sitting in the garage is A-1 ******* white-trash behaviour. Thus, love has forced me to abandon this lucrative practice. Like I said: them panties is expensive ;-) Besides, the price of aluminum is down.

$45 for that little jig gives me hope anyway; maybe somebody will pay a good price for these wahoo lures I'm making.

Man, somebody please put a trip together and rescue me from the drudgery of painting (the little woman again).

Happy New Year, folks!

F

1 - 20 of 20 Posts