360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
366 Posts
Kil,

What's the chugger 2nd from the bottom called? It's awesome.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kil,

What's the chugger 2nd from the bottom called? It's awesome.

It is GT Mania.
This lure reminds me of custom lure by Capt John in Taveuni, Fiji.
We caught quite a few GT with the custom popper.

·
1,025 Posts
Kil, how did the assist hook rigging work with that custom popper?

Thanks, Scott

·
62 Posts
Kil, how did the assist hook rigging work with that custom popper?

Thanks, Scott

im not kil, but we used a single assist popping for aj's quite a bit this year, as long as the lure is weighted good enuf so it sits like its suppose to, it worked great for us, we loved the solid hookup of 1 larger j instead of 2 trebbs, also, with only 1 hook you dont have to worry about a double (aj's are thick here), and they are much easier to release boatside.

Jesse

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I saw the custom lure with one assist hook at the tail, I asked Capt John about hook-ups and he said the hook-ups as good as using two treble hooks and it is much easier to release GT. He has a policy to release all GT caught. We didn't see much difference either as we had many GT hook-ups
with the lure.

When I was in Costa Rica, I also experimented a Ranger lure with one assist hook and I had a solid hookup with a roosterfish. I am now experimenting hammered diamond jigs with one assit hook at the tail of the jig for bottom fishing.

·
366 Posts
I really like the idea of using single hooks (for a variety of reasons). This season I'm going to try the Nomad method of rigging baits:

Rigging Stickbaits for casting and trolling

Anyone else tried this? For billfish they prefer assist hooks, but for GT and tuna they use SJ 41 and Jobu's.

·
1,025 Posts
Awesome video John. Thanks for sharing!

·
11 Posts
Thanks , but I'm looking for more colors including Babora stick bait and GT Mania with some clear holografic colors from heru , did someone already order to fishyshop or any other shop ?
Thanks for your answers .

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks , but I'm looking for more colors including Babora stick bait and GT Mania with some clear holografic colors from heru , did someone already order to fishyshop or any other shop ?
Thanks for your answers .
New shipment will arrive soon including Babora. I lowered price to match fishyshop.
If someone find better prices than I do, let me know. :)

·
11 Posts
If someone find better prices than I do, let me know. :)
Sorry , little misunderstanding Ksong , the price was not my concern .
I live in France an this brand is not available in our country (nor Nomad or Seawood) .
So I just wanted to know the different foreign procurement possibilities ;) ;) .

Gabi

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry , little misunderstanding Ksong , the price was not my concern .
I live in France an this brand is not available in our country (nor Nomad or Seawood) .
So I just wanted to know the different foreign procurement possibilities ;) ;) .

Gabi
Every Heru dealer can get differnt color and even different Logo. So not every dealer have the same color.
I

·
11 Posts
Every Heru dealer can get differnt color and even different Logo. So not every dealer have the same color.
I

Thanks for the information , if I well understand it means that Heru is the name of the manufacturer and some dealers just customize by changing colors and Logo (Seawood , Nomad ) ?

·
Site Sponsor
3,887 Posts
No I believe he is trying to say that its very small production runs, each dealer will have several colors that no other dealer gets.... or sometime I think they run like 500 poppers maybe 2 dealers or 3 dealers buy up that lot and then its done no more of that color.

If you see a color you like - grab it these are scare as hens teeth!

I am a dealer for Patriot - and then run certain lures (poppers) one or twice a year, you basically order, pay, wait and one wonderful day a giant box from JPost arrives with goodies.

new Blast Edge in stock at Welcome to TackleNow.com!

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had a trip with Nomad this summer these Stick baits were very efficient on Wahoos

Wow, nice wahoo on a stickbait.

I heard Dante had a nice wahoo on Shibuki.
Here is my 86 lbs wahoo on a cheap 8 oz hammered diamond jig.
My next quest is to catch a wahoo on a popper.
Here lures are way underutilized in the US, but I see more fishermen realize the quality of the lures and their effeictiveness.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts