New Heru Lures

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by ksong, Dec 29, 2008.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

They are getting fancy. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

nice, when will they be available to buy.

3. Sea Crappie

Sea Crappie Senior Member

Kil,

What's the chugger 2nd from the bottom called? It's awesome.

4. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Kil,

What's the chugger 2nd from the bottom called? It's awesome.

It is GT Mania.
    This lure reminds me of custom lure by Capt John in Taveuni, Fiji.
    We caught quite a few GT with the custom popper.

[​IMG]

5. rtran

rtran Senior Member

nice looking lures

6. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Kil, how did the assist hook rigging work with that custom popper?

Thanks, Scott

7. Jesse Lockowitz

Jesse Lockowitz Member

Kil, how did the assist hook rigging work with that custom popper?

Thanks, Scott

im not kil, but we used a single assist popping for aj's quite a bit this year, as long as the lure is weighted good enuf so it sits like its suppose to, it worked great for us, we loved the solid hookup of 1 larger j instead of 2 trebbs, also, with only 1 hook you dont have to worry about a double (aj's are thick here), and they are much easier to release boatside.

Jesse

8. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

When I saw the custom lure with one assist hook at the tail, I asked Capt John about hook-ups and he said the hook-ups as good as using two treble hooks and it is much easier to release GT. He has a policy to release all GT caught. We didn't see much difference either as we had many GT hook-ups
    with the lure.

When I was in Costa Rica, I also experimented a Ranger lure with one assist hook and I had a solid hookup with a roosterfish. I am now experimenting hammered diamond jigs with one assit hook at the tail of the jig for bottom fishing.

[​IMG]

9. Sea Crappie

Sea Crappie Senior Member

I really like the idea of using single hooks (for a variety of reasons). This season I'm going to try the Nomad method of rigging baits:

Rigging Stickbaits for casting and trolling

Anyone else tried this? For billfish they prefer assist hooks, but for GT and tuna they use SJ 41 and Jobu's.

10. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Awesome video John. Thanks for sharing!

11. gabi

gabi Junior member

Does somebody know a good shop where to buy these lures (fishyshop ?)
    Gabi

12. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

13. gabi

gabi Junior member

Thanks , but I'm looking for more colors including Babora stick bait and GT Mania with some clear holografic colors from heru , did someone already order to fishyshop or any other shop ?
    Thanks for your answers .

14. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Thanks , but I'm looking for more colors including Babora stick bait and GT Mania with some clear holografic colors from heru , did someone already order to fishyshop or any other shop ?
    Thanks for your answers .
    New shipment will arrive soon including Babora. I lowered price to match fishyshop.
    If someone find better prices than I do, let me know. :)

15. gabi

gabi Junior member

If someone find better prices than I do, let me know. :)
    Sorry , little misunderstanding Ksong , the price was not my concern .
    I live in France an this brand is not available in our country (nor Nomad or Seawood) .
    So I just wanted to know the different foreign procurement possibilities ;) ;) .

Gabi

16. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Sorry , little misunderstanding Ksong , the price was not my concern .
    I live in France an this brand is not available in our country (nor Nomad or Seawood) .
    So I just wanted to know the different foreign procurement possibilities ;) ;) .

Gabi
    Every Heru dealer can get differnt color and even different Logo. So not every dealer have the same color.
    I

17. gabi

gabi Junior member

Every Heru dealer can get differnt color and even different Logo. So not every dealer have the same color.
    I

Thanks for the information , if I well understand it means that Heru is the name of the manufacturer and some dealers just customize by changing colors and Logo (Seawood , Nomad ) ?

18. Boston Tangler

Boston Tangler Site Sponsor

No I believe he is trying to say that its very small production runs, each dealer will have several colors that no other dealer gets.... or sometime I think they run like 500 poppers maybe 2 dealers or 3 dealers buy up that lot and then its done no more of that color.

If you see a color you like - grab it these are scare as hens teeth!

I am a dealer for Patriot - and then run certain lures (poppers) one or twice a year, you basically order, pay, wait and one wonderful day a giant box from JPost arrives with goodies.

new Blast Edge in stock at Welcome to TackleNow.com!

19. gabi

gabi Junior member

I had a trip with Nomad this summer these Stick baits were very efficient on Wahoos

[​IMG]

20. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I had a trip with Nomad this summer these Stick baits were very efficient on Wahoos

[​IMG]
    Wow, nice wahoo on a stickbait.

I heard Dante had a nice wahoo on Shibuki.
    Here is my 86 lbs wahoo on a cheap 8 oz hammered diamond jig.
    My next quest is to catch a wahoo on a popper.
    Here lures are way underutilized in the US, but I see more fishermen realize the quality of the lures and their effeictiveness.

[​IMG]