New Here; Slow Pitch Limits

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Feldguy, Apr 29, 2020.

1. a1flyfishr

a1flyfishr Retired Member Supporting Member

0C99802C-8469-4868-A6FE-EEC690612161.jpeg This is what I found. I’m not sure if you can use them, but if yes, PM me your address and I’ll get them to you when I feel the PO isn’t a virus waiting to happen. If you can use these and I find any others
    I’ll put them in.

Benny

killula, jiggingnut, semipro and 2 others like this.
  2. explorer

explorer Member

Benny always generous :)

a1flyfishr likes this.

3. Feldguy

Feldguy Active Member

Seems to be a thing! I'll find a way to pay him.

a1flyfishr likes this.
  4. a1flyfishr

It’s the 360 way! Just pay it forward to someone if you have a chance.

Benny

5. Feldguy

Feldguy Active Member

I can do that.

a1flyfishr likes this.
  6. HungryJack

HungryJack Member

Benny is the resident "drug dealer"
    He'll give you some for free to start you out,
    and get you hooked.

Then, when you overdose,
    he is there to buy up all the rods and jigs
    you are getting rid of.

;) :)

7. Feldguy

Feldguy Active Member

Ha!

It's been a long time since I've used a forum....used to have a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo. That board was awful.....so many warriors....you couldn't make a grammatical error or ask repetitive questions without a barrage of forum justice warriors so I gave it up. It's nice to not experience any of that here.

I've been on message boards since the old Prodigy/CompuServe/AOL days .......

My local tackle shop just got MajorCraft braid in stock...anyone have any experience?

Does anyone use hollow core like JB or Toro Tamer?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  8. a1flyfishr

hahaha!!! You crack me up! You’re the best.

Benny

Yankeedeerslayr and HungryJack like this.
  9. explorer

explorer Member

If you try to pay him back In terms of fishing tackle....it’s hard, I tried.....

BECAUSE HE ALREADY HAS EVERYTHING AN ANGLER SHOULD .......

and than some.......

and than some......

And than some......

and than ......

jshorty and Feldguy like this.
  10. a1flyfishr

You guys are funny! I’m glad I can help.

Benny

11. ballywho

ballywho Well-Known Member

No experience with Major Craft braid but the brand can be trusted. One of the biggest brand in Japan and consistently delivering some of the best quality for the price.

You want a round, solid braid for jigging, and even more so for slow-jigging. Avoid hollow.

12. Feldguy

Feldguy Active Member

roger that ballyhoo. I havent seen much of their stuff in person, waiting for this pandemic to come to a close and stuff open again.

13. DoubleA

DoubleA Senior Member

slow pitch, for me, is just another tool in the belt. Speed, bait, whatever works. I am adding some dedicated tackle into my lineup as we speak. A local builder is about to deliver a medium weight slow pitch rod to me. I honestly can't remember which blank it was from Blackhole, but kil pulled it from the stacks and said its what I should use for the GOM.

For BFT, Kil actually just suggested matching jigs to my BH450s and maybe a different reel. But I haven't jigged for Tuna since I had kids, so hopefully, I get to try that style out next April in NC. Right now my focus is on bottom fish in gulf: snapper and grouper.

My reel gets here Sunday, so I will post pics once the rig is all together.

a1flyfishr likes this.
  14. Feldguy

Feldguy Active Member

Nice!

I wound up with this as my first setup which I won't be using for tuna for obvious reasons.

:

20200511_174933.jpg

15. Feldguy

Feldguy Active Member

20200512_192509.jpg

16. DoubleA

DoubleA Senior Member

YASSSSSSS!! these both look awesome. mine will not look nearly as cool. lol. but i am psyched to try them out.

Have you tried them out yet? What kind of braid did you end with on the Accurate?

17. Feldguy

Feldguy Active Member

So my loving future wife ordered the custom with the seigler on it at the Atlantic City boat show. Very beautiful. Before I knew that was happening I'd settled on a heavy Palmarius, as I had two reels anyway. I received the custom and happened along a Palmarius heavy locally for such a ridiculously good deal I couldn't pass it up. I'm gonna use the Conley and see how I like it and very likely sell one or the other.

*Edit:

To answer your question about the braid, I threw some 65lb braid on the accurate of Sufix 832. That's coming off and I'm going down to 50lb of the same. I know it's not the thinnest or strongest but it's served me flawlessly. And it's abrasion resistance above 20lb is impressive.

18. Viet_Swag

Viet_Swag Well-Known Member

What kind of blanks do the Conley’s use? I know their popular down in FL but they never say.

tugasangler likes this.