new Gaff

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by Bret, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Just got my new Costa Rican Gaff back from Txseadog with a new hypalon grip. Capitan Marcos has some free time in the off season in Zancudo and he makes some pretty cool stuff. He brought me this while we were in Panama, back this spring.. Cant wait to stick something with it.. (hope it isnt my foot) here is a pic.. its a knock off of another design, with a little different angle.

Thanks again Kevin for all of the grinding and getting the hypalon on there.. I know it wasnt easy..

Attached Files:

2. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Nice, does it float?

d-a

3. cabosandinh

cabosandinh Moderator

that's cool looking hook angle! I want one of those

4. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Nice, does it float?

d-a

Not sure if it floats.. I will dunk it and let you know.. I think it will make a good blackfin gaff and a nice secondary or lip gaff.. I am fishing this weekend.. will let you know how it works out..

5. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Not sure if it floats.. I will dunk it and let you know.. I think it will make a good blackfin gaff and a nice secondary or lip gaff.. I am fishing this weekend.. will let you know how it works out..

Bret

Is the tubing made out of stainless?

d-a

6. Bret

Bret Senior Member

I'm pretty sure its all stainless. Kevin ground the weld on the cap down quite a bit to get the hypalon on, so it looks a little more finished than it did with a
    big ole welded Bead around the top. the whole thing is right at 2ft even from the bottom to the tip of the gaffhook. I think it will come in handy..

7. d-a

d-a Senior Member

I'm pretty sure its all stainless. Kevin ground the weld on the cap down quite a bit to get the hypalon on, so it looks a little more finished than it did with a
    big ole welded Bead around the top. the whole thing is right at 2ft even from the bottom to the tip of the gaffhook. I think it will come in handy..

Yea it will very handy. I have some SS and titanium tubing and was thinking of making one for me.

d-a

8. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Nice looking gaff