360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

New From Accurate

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Sea Bear 
#1 ·
Got this off another site:

NEW from accurate...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lets see..
all of the Extremes are available in narrow now..
the B2-197 is a BX2-400N
BX2-500N
BX2-600N
and i think the BX2-600NN
the B2-665W is discontinued
We have a B2-30N which is sick! be out soon..
we have the new rubber or molded handles now, not sure the price but i'm sure they're going to be less then the alum ones..
remember we have rubber caps for the hollowed round knobs that are really cool.. ive been handing them out at shops...
ive designed some rods for accurate called the "J" series that i am having good feedback on also.. they're 7'9" and i made them for the 197 and 270's cause i fish big fish on these little reels.. available in a 20 trigger for the 197, and a 30, and 40... they are about $250 sic guides, triple rapped, and hypolon.. they're perfect for the 270..
we came out with some spectra called accubraid which i use now.. great price.. i would compare it to Izor which i love... knots sinch easy..

as far as the limited edition for this year, i really haven't decided which color scheme so i might start a poll...

See less See more
#3 ·
The 400N will be to small for me. They are even going to come out with a 300 series. I could probably stick two in my hand. I got my thumb stuck in a 500N the other night.:eek:

I don't know why they made the stock extreme handle smaller on the 500 than the 600. Not good for me. As usual, I've done an exchange already.

Attachments

#7 ·
I have to stop buying these little reels. I've been in search for some reels that would make certain species more fun to catch. It's just not working out for me. That same night, I got my hand stuck in a new Stella SW5000. I was afraid I was going the bend the bail wire getting my thumb unstuck.:eek:
I'm still trying to figure out how to switch out that tiny knob they give you on the SW5000. It might have worked when I was in 1st grade.:D

Attachments

#8 ·
DAMN! Is that phottoshopped?? You can't jig with anything less than a 50W cause your finger migt get stuck, LOL

I must admit they (Accurate) realy pissed me off this time. I just bought a BX500 because they told me its the narrows arent gonna be made and be ready to be released till christmas time. I knew the BX5 was too wide for what I needed it for but had a few trips comming up and didnt want to wait 6 months.

#10 ·
I've got five of those extreme knobs along with a half dozen of those worthless whiffle ball knobs now sitting in a drawer. I keep them just in case I want to sell the reel. People like the stock knobs on a reel when they buy a reel.

About four years ago, I was in a "warehouse club" (I'll keep the name to myself) and they had this display of nice leather work gloves bolted to one of those big rack systems. They had one of each size glove attached with stainless steel stranded wire and a huge grommet on each of the gloves. They did this so you could try on the glove and not open up the boxes for sale.

Well, I started putting my hand in the XL size glove. I was having problems but kept cramming my hand into that damn glove. After about five minutes, I finally got it into the leather glove, but I couldn't move my hand. :eek:

Some old fart came by and told me to buy the next smaller size because all the displayed ones were stretched out.:confused: Not stretched out enough. I started trying to take the stuck glove off my hand. It was stuck real bad. My only option was to jerk it off the bolted display. After a few hard jerks, the only thing that moved was the rack. So, I planted my feet against the floor of the rack and leaned back hoping to rip the leather glove off my hand. :)

Next thing I know is a bunch of merchandise was falling on the floor from the rack above.:mad: I'm a shy guy and turned around to see if someone was watching. There was a crowd of people laughing at me on the end of the aisle. I was really embarrassed with nowhere to hide. :(

The manager finally come over with some bolt cutters to cut the stranded wire from the glove. Then, he wanted the glove back for his display. I had to go into his office where he tried grabbing the finger tips with pliers. When he said "Pull", I jerked him over his deck and his computer monitor crashed on the floor.:eek: I told we needed some good strong scissors to cut the glove off. He insisted that he wanted to save the glove. :confused:

I told him I would pay for the freaking glove and just get me some scissors. He left the office and comes back with a can of WD40. I told that wouldn't work. He sticks that little red straw nozzle down the glove and injects the whole can of WD in the glove. He left the office again and came back with a helper and two pair of vise grips.

The plan was to tighten the two pair of vice grips on two of the leather finger tips and then they would pull off the glove. This time I looked behind me before the big jerk. I positioned myself where I would hit a bare sheetrock wall if I went falling back-wards.:) One, Two, Three and the big pull began. The next thing I know is these two guys are pinned to me against the wall and this loud noise was heard form the the other side. :eek:

On the other side of the wall was the break room. A microwave and a upper cabinet had come crashing down to the floor. The manager finally started the search for some good scissors. It killed him to open up a new pair of friskars that were inside those damn clear plastic containers that are only opened up with a utility knife. I damage more things inside those containers just trying to get to the merchandise.

This friskars did the trick. :D What really pissed me off was when I returned to the aisle where the fiasco began I discovered my cart was gone.:confused: I had it almost full of stuff. It took me over an hour to fill it up with supplies. I asked around and was told that once they see a vacant cart, they start putting the merchandise back in inventory. I was told "If you have a problem, just go see the store manager". I think he'd see enough me that day, so I just walked out empty handed.

#15 ·
WOW......That is the funniest story I have heard in a while. I can imagine how embarrassed you were. I once was in Home Depot and was getting some 1 X 12 planks and they had the steelcable above the planks which were standing vertical in the hopper. So I was taking them and moving them forward to pick out the best planks and all of a sudden they all started to come forward. Well the next thing I know is I am jumping for cover as the steel cable broke and the stack started coming down. I don't know how many came down but it was a lot and many of them snapped and splintered into pieces when they hit the floor. What a noise they made all coming down.......:eek: I seriously could have been hurt or killed!

That smaller conventional is the same size as my Avet SX and I could only get 300 yds. of 50 lb. Suffix on it so those smaller reels are not very good for the big BFT up here in the NE.

#17 ·
I was wondering if anyone can get there hands on a 500N? I have several striper trips comming up and would really like to find one. I will either send you a check or MO and then you can send me the reel or tell me what shop has it and I will deal with them.

#19 ·
The 400N will be to small for me. They are even going to come out with a 300 series. I could probably stick two in my hand. I got my thumb stuck in a 500N the other night.:eek:

I don't know why they made the stock extreme handle smaller on the 500 than the 600. Not good for me. As usual, I've done an exchange already.

MrBill. I'm assuming you bought the silver knob from Koostackle? If so, you might want to put some loctite on the screw that holds the knob to the shaft. I had the knob come unscrewed on me when I was reeling up from 700 feet on my last trip. A little loctite did the trick though.

#20 ·
MrBill. I'm assuming you bought the silver knob from Koostackle? If so, you might want to put some loctite on the screw that holds the knob to the shaft. I had the knob come unscrewed on me when I was reeling up from 700 feet on my last trip. A little loctite did the trick though.

Is it possible ro remove the handle grip later?

#22 ·
Is it possible ro remove the handle grip later?

You should be able to. If the loctite makes it too dificult to remove the screw all you have to do is heat up the shaft where there loctite is. This will cause the loctite to break its bond and you should be able to remove the scew.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.