New Daiwa Budget Priced Lures

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by red34, Aug 10, 2009.

1. red34

red34 Guest

Has anyone bought or tried any of these lures? I'd like to buy some sub-surface lures that are less than the regular $20-50 each. I know I'll have to change out the hooks and split rings on most of them, but I have a lot of that stuff already from making some of my own lures.

Here's what I've found. Let me know if any of these have been used, abused, broken, worked, etc...

Daiwa Salt Pro Minnow Series (3 different baits) $6.95-9.95
    Daiwa Salt Pro Minnow
    [​IMG]

Bomber Magnum Long A $6.99
    Bomber Saltwater Grade Long A or Magnum Long A Hardbaits
    [​IMG]

Storm Suspending Giant Thunderstick $11.99
    Cabela's -- Storm® Suspending Giant ThunderStick® MadFlash

[​IMG]

What budget/less expensive lures have you guys found that seem to hold up under tough conditions? I get that pretty much none of these were made to handle 100+lb YFT, but for 50-60 lb schoolies and blackfins in the gulf??

2. Billiam

Billiam Moderator

Rapala Saltwater X-Rap Lures

The rapala X raps work up here in Cape Cod, they also use sluggos, as well. But in terms of effectiveness, they aren't weighted enough to give it some sling shot distance when casting.

3. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

heres a tip i got from d-a. drill a small hole in the lure and fill it with small shot to increase weight. then fill hole with epoxy.

4. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

5. Billiam

Billiam Moderator

heres a tip i got from d-a. drill a small hole in the lure and fill it with small shot to increase weight. then fill hole with epoxy.

Hey Kidflex (Brian?), I was just about to say something along those lines, but now you've confirmed my thoughts! :D I think I'll try that out and give it a shot. Thanks!