360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been out on a couple 12 hour trips on the new buccaneer and this September 29th will be me and my wife’s first overnight tuna trip. I’m pretty sure I’ve read through all the newbie posts and watched countless videos on YouTube to be ready for it (as well as I can). Just wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone here will be on that trip. I’ll be looking to learn a lot and meet some new fishing friends.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve been out on a couple 12 hour trips on the new buccaneer and this September 29th will be me and my wife’s first overnight tuna trip. I’m pretty sure I’ve read through all the newbie posts and watched countless videos on YouTube to be ready for it (as well as I can). Just wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone here will be on that trip. I’ll be looking to learn a lot and meet some new fishing friends.
See y'all there, as long as a hurricane don't cancel the trip!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in front of the cook shack.
Doesn't look good for weather........
THE GOOD
I just got back from yesterday's trip. I didn't get any tuna, my kidney stones decided they were going to announce themselves just as we got to the rigs. I was dying out there, but still managed to feed the baraccuda all my Halco's.
There were lots of BF, YT, & Ambers caught,
Like always Mr Fan slaughtered!

I managed 9 B liners, 2 shark, 1 barracuda, and 1 Strawberry grouper. (I'll post pics when I clean them)
NOW THE BAD
As for Thursday's trip Danny the Chief Mate said is was canceled, but then the front counter girl said they were actually going to have a meeting this morning and make a final decision. She said emails would be sent!
(I went off Danny and drove back home 9 hours away. I will have to drive back again if they decide we are still going)
Im supposed to be on a thurs trip also. I'd say 95% chance its not going to happen
True Story...waiting for today's response, during their meeting.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts