360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
241 - 260 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
Hey I know there are some specs for rod holders on the New Buc, but I can find the things. I'm looking at a Tackle Direct Tanacom 1000 combo, but it's a bent butt rod so, I'll need to engineer something. Anyone remember the sizes for the rod holders at foot?

If this doesn’t help let me know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Fishing sucked for us. We did good in the waters within 85 miles south of Clearwater the first nite out on some red grouper bottom and did good with big yellowtail snaps and mutton snaps on the airplane wreck. But once we got down to the keys we died. Our boat has never fished down in the keys and without numbers it was no fun. There is a 80 mile dead zone once you leave Keywest and go 330 Northwest. Just all clay bottom. Shrimp boat heaven for sure. I must have counted 80 shrimp boats while i was driving back up to the north.
Sky Water Naval architecture Watercraft Vehicle

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
It's been a tough season, when do you need to make the call?
I’m not sure, I’m out of state right now and will be flying back Sunday night. More than likely the office will make the call first thing in the am. The way the last two updates have gone my hopes are not too high on this trip sailing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’m not sure, I’m out of state right now and will be flying back Sunday night. More than likely the office will make the call first thing in the am. The way the last two updates have gone my hopes are not too high on this trip sailing.
Hey Capt. any update on the weather? I'm driving down from Minnesota and was going to leave this afternoon/evening. When they make the call tomorrow morning I will be 12 hours down the road.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Capt. any update on the weather? I'm driving down from Minnesota and was going to leave this afternoon/evening. When they make the call tomorrow morning I will be 12 hours down the road.
I called the office this morning and they told me currently they're planning on having the trip sail unless the forecast gets even worse. They said they would make the call today, tomorrow at the latest. Fingers crossed the weather cooperates

·
Registered
37 Posts
I called the office this morning and they told me currently they're planning on having the trip sail unless the forecast gets even worse. They said they would make the call today, tomorrow at the latest. Fingers crossed the weather cooperates
Thanks for the info. I also got off the phone with the office about a half an hour ago. Was told they would make the call Sunday morning. Hoping the drive doesn't end in a U-turn back home.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The last Windfinder update showed improvement but not NOAA. Hopefully NOAA will improve next update. We sent a trip last Monday with a borderline forecast and once we got out there it got pretty nasty, we are trying to avoid taking you guys out there for a butt whoopin.
I Second that.. all in for fishing not whoopins... i like getting sore for fighting fish not the waves, getting old sucks..

241 - 260 of 307 Posts