360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I was on this last trip and it was still a lot of fun, caught my first African Pompano and a Mutton Snapper. Two fish that I have never caught before, along with catching a couple, what we believe were Black Snake Mackerels while bottom fishing at night. The crew were very nice and helpful throughout the entire trip and made it really fun also. Everyone working on this boat works really hard. Have to give a shout out to the guys cooking! It's hard to believe you can get a burger that good so far out in the Ocean.
what did you catch the AP on?

·
Registered
271 Posts
BKK makes some solid products, their Raptor Z series are one that you can fish with confidence as is their Viper 41 series also.
The Raptors Z 2/0's would probably be considered 3/0 with a lot of other brands, as you can see in the pic. View attachment 123029

View attachment 123030

Viper 41's are not quite as heavy, but strong also.
you have to set the hook well With the raptors learned the hard way last trip

·
Registered
271 Posts
@Capt.matt Matt do you have a time frame that you are going to make the call, I need to get on the road relatively early tomorrow, and would like to not carry all my gear with me if I am not going to need it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Im guessing its going to be about $875. Just by running the price of a tuna trip comparative to having only 20 ppl on the trip. If I were a betting man I'd say I'm pretty close

1 - 15 of 15 Posts