360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1,170 Posts
It’s all good. It was a rare Thursday off for us. The weather looked pretty sporty out there, I’m not sure we would have made one if we had one in the books. We had to cancel our trip for today and the office added one for the 18th, that looks like it will be our next chance to get out. Everything should be well rested by then.
Did ya'll make it out? How was it if you did? I'm on the May 2 trip in 2 weeks.

·
1,170 Posts
Oh the weather looks pretty frightful oh the wind is not delightful. I wish it would cease to blow. I want to go want to go want to go.

FWIW I'm good with 4-6's and 15-20kt winds.... Should be good tuna fishing in that chop... If we can get out there.

·
1,170 Posts
4-6's and falling, wind subsiding.. fingers crossed for Thursday.

Offshore Waters Forecast for the Gulf of Mexico
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami, FL
408 PM EDT Mon May 2 2022

Offshore Waters Forecast for the Gulf of Mexico

Seas given as significant wave height, which is the average
height of the highest 1/3 of the waves. Individual waves may be
more than twice the significant wave height.

GMZ040-030815-
NW Gulf including Stetson Bank-
408 PM EDT Mon May 2 2022

.TONIGHT...SE winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
.TUE...SE to S winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
.TUE NIGHT...SE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
.WED...SE winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
.WED NIGHT...SE winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
.THU...SE to S winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
.THU NIGHT...SE to S winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
.FRI...SE to S winds 10 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.

.FRI NIGHT...SE to S winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
.SAT...SE to S winds 10 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
.SAT NIGHT...SE to S winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 ft or less.

·
1,170 Posts
If the Thursday Friday trip gets added would we be able to transfer over from the may 9th trip? There are six of us and weather is looking pretty bad for Monday Tuesday
I'd recommend calling the office and asking. I don't know how many had to drop off due to the date change. I know its always a good thing to have more people wanting to go..

·
1,170 Posts
Fingers crossed for improvement. I thought windfinder updates every 6 hours. Midnight, 6am, noon and 6pm. The GFS model that it is based on runs on that schedule. It will drive you crazy watching for updates starting 10 days out. Its crazy how much the forecast can swing from run to run. That said, this one has been fairly stable with only minor variations on when it lays down. I'll keep hoping for improvement. Personally 6's at 6 and dropping is fine by me. Tuna like a lil chop on the surface. (Granted I don't have to pay the liability insurance so its an easy call for me. 😃) It also looks better to the east than south. Of course we would have to run quartering into the seas to get east.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts