360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

161 - 180 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Do you book multiple trips per schedule release or do you scrounge to pick up individual seats? Since I always organize a big trip with multiple people it's always a mess. A canceled trip is a big blow to our plans.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It was only going to be me and my gf. I wanted to get in on AJs. It sucked because when they canceled it all the 12hrs were sold out so I couldn’t switch to a different day. But with some perseverance I found a bunch of people had dropped out of a trip and was able to get tickets. The tuna trips are always during the work week so I can’t book when they open cuz I never know if I can get the days off. My last 2 trips were canceled cuz of the boats engines, so that’s 3 in a row for me. Hopefully my streak of shit luck is over cuz i lucked out with them getting rid of the waitlist on tuna trips :cool:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well my fingers are crossed for you. I know the pains of scheduling this stuff all too well. We booked a house that we can't refund at this point so this will go one of two ways. 9 guys having some beers and going fishing or 9 guys drinking way too much beer and maybe fishing off the pier. Either way there is a lot to look forward to.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Eric let me know how the black dog jigs work. I plan on trying for myself. But you will get the chance before I do!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
5/6-7

The trip that returned yesterday was a pretty good one. We started off bottom fishing over a few wrecks and cutoffs that normally hold good numbers of AJs, found quite a few under sized fish but nothing legal. Our day ended on a piece of natural bottom with a really good Beeliner bite.
Tuna fishing started good, we picked up a yellowfin or two on our first few drifts and then the Jackfish moved in like mosquitoes. I have never seen that many in one place, it became difficult to hook anything besides a Crevalle so we moved to a Drillship where we put a pile of BFT in the boat but did not see a YFT there. At around 5 we got to the third rig of the night and it looked like a bust but we ended up having a decent sunrise bite. The last few drifts we were hooking half a dozen or so but had a hard time keeping them on the line, I saw an unusually high number of pulled hooks which makes me think the fish were rolling on the Halcos and getting foul hooked.
Totals....
17 YFT
2 Big Eye
116 BFT
2 Skipjack
7 Dorado
351 Beeliners
3 Scamp
8DA697F3-2292-479F-BCEF-3860FF9811F7.jpeg
FBEF42D1-6E99-4A72-A912-97AB32A39F24.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 3 spots for the May 13-14 30 hour trip. My son and I are going, but now cant use one spot... who would like the extra seat on the boat? DM, will respond later tonight.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm on that trip as well. I have one who may need to add an extra. Give me 15 and I'll let you know.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Okay, sorry, we don't have a taker. Look for the only guy in a dirty worn out Mets hat, that will be me. Say hi. If there are two guys in nasty Mets hats I'll be the one in the blue one.

161 - 180 of 240 Posts